Help › Forums

Re: What if ?? V.E.M. was disabled?

Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:05 PM (60 replies)
  • Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:05 PM

YankeeJim:

Steven1163:
    With all do respect YJ....when was the last time you saw a PGA scoreboard where the top 20 all score below 60???  We have unrealistic cartoon scores now in here.  Leading a tournament with a 54??? 

Will definitely concede the score point but that's the nature of a game you can pound over and over. Imagine what it would be like without VEM and deviations. TW was cartoon golf with the scores-compare those to here and you'll get what I mean.

IMO, it's what keeps this game from really replicating real life BUT if you just add 10 strokes to every score you see I think it brings it more into focus. The problem there is, not too many people are going to stick around to be high 70s low 80s golfers in a video game.

Point taken....I think though those scores we have now scare away a lot of new players.  But, if they made it hard to score, you'll lose a lot of players too, Its a catch-22.... But, in all fairness, If WGT made it to where a 65 is a great score, you're true skilled players will rise like cream to the top.  But, to sum it all up, NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT WILL CAUSE WGT TO LOSE MONEY.  We can debate, debate, and debate, and WGT is not going to change anything that affects its bottom dollar income.  That's the nature of the beast that's been created.

~Steven~

RSS