Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Golfers terminating their game after poor scores

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 26 2010 5:19 AM (2 replies)
  • Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 3:49 AM

Is there any consequence to golfers deliberately terminating their game before the final hole? I know people who, if they're having a bad round just terminate the game to save their average. Or this just being sensible?

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 8:14 AM

Being sensible?  

Naw, stupid and idiotic comes to mind.     With the new Leveling System based on accumulating Level Points, you get more points by playing... so why these idiots quit a game is beyond me.  Nobody cares about their average.

The only time an average means something now is when you are getting close to advancing to a higher Tier.... but be careful.... if you don't have enough Level Points to unlock better clubs.... then you will be forced to play with you existing clubs from a new set of Tees further back.

In fact, this asinine system actually awards more level points for playing bad.   A player has a bad round by shooting an 80, and I shoot a 70.... well..... the bad player gets 80 points, and I get 70.    Does that make sense to you?

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 5:19 AM

aceydeucey:

Nobody cares about their average.......The only time an average means something now is when you are getting close to advancing to a higher Tier.

Perversely, this makes everyone except a Legend even more aware of their average, and how to score rounds so that you do not go into Legendary status :) You would think that everyone would carry on when they hit bad shots - I know I do !!

RSS