Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Then the wheels came off!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 27 2010 4:46 PM (2 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 9:36 AM

Dang, enetered the Multi Open on BP this morning, I was 4 under coming to 15....Triple Bogey...16-Bogey...then parred out to stay even (still my best round to date at BP)...dang that rough is killer...thought for sure I was going to break par....Grrr...oh well

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:03 AM

You need to approach 15 like its a bogey/par at best hole.  If you miss the fairway, lay up to the end of the fairway, then try to stick a wedge, always below the hole, should leave no worse then a 2 putt.

Similar with 16, if you dont hit the fairway, play it left fairway on the approach to give yourself a better angle to the pin to save your par, but a 2 putt bogey is not the worst thing in the world.

Good round though, little course management can minimize those snags.  Similar to #9 at Oakmont, 15 can be a challenge, but what you can do here different then in real life with a group behind you is go practice those holes from a safe spot, i.e. bunker in front of green on #9.  Hit that shot over and over until it becomes clockwork, same with #15 from bunker or rough short left of green, and you should be 1 putting par most of the time.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 4:46 PM

Neil the last time I stuck a wedge to 2 feet at #15 I three putted from there  lol

That is just a nasty hole, esp the old pin placement.  I can never get it in a spot that I feel a par is better than a 50/50 proposition.  I did eagle it the other day though.

RSS