Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Unwarranted birdie

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:28 PM (4 replies)
  • gwillis588
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:29 PM

I just finished a round on St A back 9. On 18 my opponent missed his birdie putt, i made my birdie putt, he disconnected and was awarded a birdie on his score card. Just letting you know, doesn't matter to me from a score standpoint.

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:15 AM

I actually experienced something similar yesterday, but didn't think anything of it until I read your post.  I played a two-some on STA front 9.  He missed his par putt on #9, I made my birdie, he disconnected and was given a par.  Interesting....

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:16 AM

Its not a bug, since they disconnected it only records how many strokes they took to that point.  It cant predict what they would have shot.

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:50 AM

It seems to me that if the person disconnects before holing their final shot, then it shouldn't display their name/score on the scorecard any longer, just as if they had disconnected in the middle of the round.  It doesn't really matter to me either way, I just think it's odd.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:28 PM

neildiamond11790:

Its not a bug, since they disconnected it only records how many strokes they took to that point.  It cant predict what they would have shot.

Actually, I Would consider this a bug. It used to delete a players score completely from the card as soon as they dis-connected, never-mind if they didn`t finish the round.

I just experienced the same thing. Threesome on KI, two of us finished, one DCed before his par putt on the last hole. The scorecard not only displayed his round but, gave him a birdie for the last hole, with a circle around the 3.

I did check his profile and the round was Not shown in the history....But, did his stats record it, are some being recorded as finished anyway? etc... 

This just becomes sloppy and questionable as to if it`s working correctly or not, and this did Not happen before.

Just my 2 cents, cheers

RSS