Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Increase my Tier?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:05 PM (5 replies)
  • jawest79
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 10:44 AM

How do I increase my Tier.  Can I increase by just completing stroke rounds or what else can I do?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 12:03 PM

Non-practice stroke play rounds are all that count sir.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 12:10 PM

No one can tell you, exactly, when you'll move up.  Besides, WGT has never divulged that criteria.  I can tell you, from experience, the criteria was mostly based on scoring average...at least before "The Change". 

But be careful, one of the first things players learn around here, is they can lower their scoring average quickly by only posting their best rounds.  The next thing they learn, the hard way, is there is no going back after realizing they are not competitive in the new tier (The forums are full of stories like that). No, I'm not suggesting sandbagging...but you can avoid this trap by posting all your scores and play your best, then you should stay in the tier where you belong.  

Joey     

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 12:18 PM

...and play all 4 courses.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 1:55 PM

Joeyola:

No, I'm not suggesting sandbagging...but you can avoid this trap by posting all your scores and play your best, then you should stay in the tier where you belong.  

Joey     

Excellent advice, Joey

• AntonioBunkeras
    262 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 2:05 PM

SweetiePie:

Joeyola:

No, I'm not suggesting sandbagging...but you can avoid this trap by posting all your scores and play your best, then you should stay in the tier where you belong.  

Joey     

Excellent advice, Joey

I second that.

RSS