Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Aloha. First time posting.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 4 2015 11:19 AM (3 replies)
  • Jared70501
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 3:04 AM

I'm interested in joining a country club I think. I'm sick of playing games where people quit and I don't know if joining a club will assure me complete games or not? I'm level 87, 72 handicap. I consider myself above average but not great. Good overall.

Would joining a country club assure me of completing games? Any advice on how to assure I play with people that don't quit? 

If anyone has a country club I can join where I can be assured complete games feel free to message me or reply. 

Also do I have to pay any fee's? I'd rather not pay to play.

Thanks,

Jared70501

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 8:16 AM

Hello. Welcome to the forums. A Country Club would ensure that you have people to play with and is a great way to increase your network of people. Tournaments specifically for that Country Club can be set up and can either be free or a small fee. You may wish to check the Country Club section of the forums. There isn't a fee to join a Country Club.

-WGTyphoon

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 8:56 AM
    I doubt many clubs would be keen to invite someone that only plays Blitz.
  • Marco129
    275 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 11:19 AM

Hi Jared,

I belong to the Just 4 Fun Country Club. Our club is a very active medium sized club and still growing, adding new members every month.

We have our own off-site forum with tutorials, game tips, and an online chat box (which is a great way to arrange instant matches). Many of us use Skype (which is optional, but makes our games much more friendly and interactive)

We have a good mix of players from Hacks to Legends, and although our members are very competitive, we pride ourselves on nurturing newer players and the friendships we make with our fellow club members.

We hold a monthly Club Championship (which is handicapped so all can compete), and many month long special events.  All our tournaments (daily, weekly, and monthly)  are free, we play for the joy of the game not for the credits,

I hope you will consider our club, so here are some links for you to review:

J4FCC on WGT: WGT - Just 4 Fun Country Club

J4FCC outside WGT: Just 4 Fun Country Club

If you have any questions, contact me by friends request, email, or profile wall post and I will answer any questions you might have.

Best regards,

- Mark

RSS