Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game play

Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:31 PM (2 replies)
  • WoofDawg
    20 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 4:53 PM

just wondered if WGT will ever do anything about the physics of this game ???

example: shot setup is   142 downhill 6 feet  downwind 7 mph.   ...I hit 8 iron my 140 yard club  (off the tee ) ..line to line, ok right next to the line on the left.   you would think this would be the shot. ...but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo,   ball stops at 136 yards.   no spin adjustment on ball.   one example of many.

you guys should say ,  well then maybe this would be the best online golf game.

...plenty of room for better

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:28 PM

ok right next to the line on the left,    Barely miss the ding and you will have a four yard difference. It's still a makeable putt! :)

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 5:31 PM

WoofDawg:

just wondered if WGT will ever do anything about the physics of this game ???

example: shot setup is   142 downhill 6 feet  downwind 7 mph.   ...I hit 8 iron my 140 yard club  (off the tee ) ..line to line, ok right next to the line on the left.   you would think this would be the shot. ...but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo,   ball stops at 136 yards.   no spin adjustment on ball.   one example of many.

you guys should say ,  well then maybe this would be the best online golf game.

...plenty of room for better

You know the pro Raptures have fairly low precision and even with it's good forgiveness  they don't always react like you would expect. the Raptures have only a  50/50 precision rating so they could go anywhere 1/2 the time. Plus the rated distance of all clubs is including roll. If the ball lands where it can't roll much you will get less distance. And if the ball should land on a down slope you could get much more distance. Just as in real life gold every shot is not going to be perfect. That in my opinion is what does make this the best golf game online. It mimics real life so closely. How often in real life do you hit every shot perfectly? In my real life golf I think I hit 1 perfect shot. my 9 iron should hit the ball with a perfect swing 115 yards. The hole on the 115 yard par 3 7th was in the exact middle of the green 115 yards from the tee. I took my swing and watched the ball fly directly into the hole touching nothing except the bottom of the hole. No online game is going to be perfect but WGT is working to be as close as possible.

RSS