Help › Forums

Re: Average Drive Distance below even LPGA marks

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 2 2009 2:03 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Reaper6698
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 8:11 AM

The complaint that I have about the distance is even with the best clubs your driver is only going to hit 240 and that is with the wind at your back. There are women that hit 260 yard consistenly and I'm not saying to go like tiger woods golf and be able to drive 450 with a maxed out player but come on you cant be serious with a drive of 220. I play golf maybe once every two years and I can drive that.

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 8:39 AM

I think that with all the angular landing areas at BPB, longer drivers will have tougher landing areas....kind of like in the real game.  I am a stong supporter in making drives be 250-270

• monkeyass
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 1:31 PM

Hey, I think I have a compromise.  Maybe instead of increasing driver distances, maybe increase iron distances.  I would like the big stick to hit a little farther, but if I have a 170 yard approach, I would be able to get more spin and accuracy with a 6/7 iron, instead of a 3 iron.  I think that is a litlle more ridiculous than a 240y drive.  That is one mans opinion.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 3:15 PM

we need a risk/reward system. for example: Swing meter has near the end of the stroke a yellow(for a more agresive swing) then a red(for a all out try to kill the ball swing) each with deminishing accuracy. normal non-color swing goes distances as is atm. yellow gets maybe 10-15 more carry but with less acc. red gets more than yellow with a unpredictable(the more red u hit the more unpredict) result,could be great or could be toped off the tee ect.

• noputtjeff
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 8:37 PM

when you can't reach a number of par 4's from a perfectly hit drive - it ought to be crying out for more from the drivers

• BearsJState
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 2:03 PM

The driving distances needs to be increased for several reasons.  If the player is a pro or greater then the driving distance should be increased.  It would be nice to try to hit a par 5 in two or even try to drive a short par 4.  I don't want it to turn into a TW game but it would make it quite interesting.  Just having a chance to be agressive on the game should be allowed.  There are three different types of golf holes that are designed.  It seemed like we play "strategic" all the time and it gets boring.  We should be able to play the course on how it was designed to be. 

• PAGES
RSS