Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new player

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 4 2009 5:08 PM (3 replies)
  • jrgeez
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 1:26 PM

hello all, i just recently started playing here. what are some ways i can improve my players driving distance? his longest drive is about 230 yards and that is just simply inadequate. any tips? thanks.

• billyray37
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 3:01 PM

stretch your aim line out til it turns orange and you will hit the ball on a lower trajectory,the right wind will get ya a couple more yards

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 5:01 PM

Purchasing some new sticks will add to your distance.  Just keep in mind that the increase in distance is generally offset by less forgiveness and/or a faster swing meter.  I'd recommend the R9 driver and some tour starter clubs to get you going.

Also, the aim line doesn't control trajectory billy, impact point does.  When the aimer turns orange/red, it just means that you're out of that club's yardage range.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 5:08 PM

Hey new guy:

To get more distance, bring the green dot down to the bottom of the golf ball; this makes the ball go higher and ultimately you will get more distance because the ball stays in the air longer.  If the wind is really strong in your face, it might be better to just leave the dot in the center of the golf ball, because the strong wind might knock down a drive hit high into the air.  If the wind is at your back, you can really get more yards by pulling the green dot down on the golf ball. 

RSS