Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Advancing from Tour Pro to Master

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2015 10:54 AM (5 replies)
  • wayneacampbell
    64 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:54 PM

I am trying to ascertain what the parameters are to advance . I understand how a handicap system works but I understand there is also an algorithm which is integrated in the calculation. I am presently at Level 83 with a scoring average of 67.76. I have duly noted that there are individuals with a higher scoring average that have attained Master Level.

Could any one elaborate.

Regards.

Wayne.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 8:39 PM

67 will get you there. Averages reset on a tier change so you could tier up with a 67 average, do a first round as a Master of 80, then you'll have an average of 80 until you play again.

• grandpakeith
    245 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 5:33 AM

Ranked rounds are earned when you complete a 9 or 18 hole Scored game from the Main Menu.  Also, any Club tournament or WGT tournament matches are ranked games.

Par-3 and Par-5 courses will not count as a ranked round not even in in tournament play.  Nor any Practice rounds, Skins, CTTH, Blitz, Match play or Alternate Shot matches.  So all the "fun" matches are not ranked rounds.  If you want to tier up, you must play Score, or Score Tournament Matches.  Thas is why you will find players wo have played WGT for years, andare still Pros, Tour Pros, and Masters.  They play fun games with close friends and dont care about what tier they are in.  

To Tier up you need the following:

Pro to Tour Pro:  20 ranked rounds/ 72 avg or less

Tour Pro to Master:  30 ranked rounds/ 67 avg or less

Master to Tour Master:  40 ranked rounds/ 63 avg or less

Tour Master to Legend:  50 ranked rounds/ 61 avg or less

Legend to Tour Legend:  500 ranked rounds/ 60 avg or less

The ranked rounds are the minimum needed in each tier to become saturated.  The quanity of ranked rounds, in theory, resets each time you tier up.  

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 5:54 AM

on another note all these calculations go out the window if you play for credits , if you win a ready to go at a pro you will be promoted very fast, you should enjoy it while you can.

when you get legend the game is a completely different game

• karedak
    1,049 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 9:21 AM

he has done at present 446 ranked rounds 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 10:54 AM

The important no. is the ranked rounds in the current tier, minus Par3s and Par5s.

From Tour Master on, it's good to note the RRs at tier start.

RSS