Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Red Dirt Golf

Wed, Oct 21 2015 2:10 AM (8 replies)
  • alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 5:49 PM

Hallo Mr. Bog 

After some weeks i go out from your CClub, i receive evey day mails about your eagles heros and best round.

Please can you stop this !!!! I never like to see your name in my P. O. Box.

OK ??

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 7:34 PM

Alpen

I have not played a round in over a week as things went way mad in RL away from my desk, and I sometimes need to sleep.   Guess the achievements of other members you refer?

I have no clue about the WGT Emails you refer anyway.  

Suggest you contact CS ? Nothing I can do that I know of.

Certainly I have never heard of this issue before, or maybe just lucky as a low turnover of people.  

If you wanted to contact me why not just drop a note on my wall rather than make this a main forum thing?  You know I always try and respond, and as for my name what on earth did I ever do or even say against you there? EDIT: maybe the clubs name, but that has always acted in the highest regards anyway - translation thing with a possible read maybe..Anyway I know naught how I could help.

• twinponds169
    3,028 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:19 PM

Just for future reference Mr. Pirat,

go to Account, above the Play Now button,

then click on Contact Info,

then UNCLICK "receive mail from my country club",

and UNCLICK "receive mail from my country club owner".

Now you will never be bothered by the news and information of your country club, if that's the way you want it.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 11:12 PM

twinponds169:

Now you will never be bothered by the news and information of your country club, if that's the way you want it.

This should work but if he has clicked receive emails on a CC thread, will this still work?

I am pretty sure he replied to a thread in the CC Forum, thus whenever someone replies, if it is checked, he will receive a notification.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 11:48 PM

alanti:

twinponds169:

This should work but if he has clicked receive emails on a CC thread, will this still work?

I am pretty sure he replied to a thread in the CC Forum, thus whenever someone replies, if it is checked, he will receive a notification.

He left the CC and looking at his page is now in another CC.......

Would have thought that would terminate that somewhere along that line??  Maybe I should not have thought though LOL....Beats me.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:08 AM

alpenpirat:

I think you can go to your CC and reply to a post in the forum...then go to "option" and uncheck the box....

Write your reply below. Click the "Post" button to submit your message.

Locked: Do not allow replies
    Email me replies to this post.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:32 AM

alpenpirat:
    After some weeks i go out from your CClub, i receive evey day mails about your eagles heros and best round.

It's not Jim's fault that you failed to opt out of the mail replies before leaving the CC. These are inherent to WGT's forum system, he can't fix it and you neither,
    from outside the CC.

You have to hope that the threads will stop eventually, or you block the mails locally.

Good luck in your new CC!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:51 AM

alpenpirat:

Hallo Mr. Bog 

I never like to see your name in my P. O. Box.

OK ??

Ive seen posts from you before and i think your manner here is as bad as in the other posts. Quite sure Red Dirt, being the great club that its is, will be happy for you not to receive any of their in house info..........IMO

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2015 2:10 AM

bubbsboy:

Ive seen posts from you before and i think your manner here is as bad as in the other posts. Quite sure Red Dirt, being the great club that its is, will be happy for you not to receive any of their in house info..........IMO

There was an incident that was mainly due to the good old language barrier, not because someone was causing trouble...alpenpirat was offended, which was easily understood, and left....English is not his 1st language...

As far as attacking Jim, he is being an a$$hole....Jim took his side, tried to make him feel welcome, asked him to return and explained what happened to him...he did all he could to smooth it over to no avail!

Why not go to the source of the emails instead of whining about it on a public forum! It has nothing to do with Jim!!!

RSS