Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Becoming Tour Master

Wed, Oct 5 2011 6:17 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 7:13 AM

It's not based on average alone.  It's also based on the number of completed ranked rounds played.  The average score for making TM appears to be around 63.  The number of ranked rounds needed to make TM is an even bigger secret than the average though.  The more players that make the transition the more likely the WGT communtiy will have an idea of what the magic number is.  As usual, about the time it becomes common knowledge for the most part WGT will change it again.

Keep playing, don't sweat it because you'll make soon enough, and best of luck to you.

• hunkillerAK47
    3 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:36 AM

hi nolan was wondering if you hit that magic number yet?  im at 63.95 and  im confused also  why doesnt wgt  just TELL  the players when  you move levels and tiers ffs ?

• TruckRacer55
    15 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 10:31 AM

I read in another post that you need to be 63 avg  with 30 Ranked Rounds (all 18 holes I guess...  9 holes rounds won't do it.)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:22 AM

hello wen i was a Master not so long ago  my avarage got to 62.02 before a came TM...but like some players said it depends on a few factors,,,,and you according to your stats .........it wont be long ...then you will say  wow i was better has a Master .........just kidding ...but it took me a week to ajust to TM......hope this helps a bit

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:38 AM

I played one last night that was 58.9 and still master. When I asked how, they said just lucky I guess??????

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:35 PM

Too many "Secrets" in Wgt at the moment.

For me it was 30 ranked rounds at Master and the average had to be 63 or below.

From TM to Legend you need 50 ranked rounds and the tip off point on your average has always been 61. So shoot me.

I have no idea what the big deal about these silly secrets are, but you can bet it's something to do with funny handshakes, the Illuminati and Horus himself.

And don't worry about about the transition phase either, it's a virtual game which you can overcome with time and patience.

Lizzie xx

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:59 PM

LizzieRossetti:

And don't worry about about the transition phase either, it's a virtual game which you can overcome with time and patience.

Lizzie xx

You're nearly a Legend Lizzie. I may quote that back to you soon.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 1:59 PM

I know Piz, and there was a time when I would have looked forwards to and enjoyed Legend, but not anymore with all the deceit and deception going on here. I aim to make Legend, only post a 27 or 28, bailing if I don't make it, however long that takes, stick me at the top of the legend thing, and then never play a ranked again. That's how blo ody cynical this place has made me of late I am sorry to say.

Lizzie xx

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 6:17 PM

Ah, but here's the beauty of it now, Lizzie. Your average won't matter now 'cos there's no need for it to be low to move up again.

So you can happily let it slip to 68 or so, then go "sandbagging" in MPC with a clear conscience. Or just play fun stroke rounds with friends, and not have to worry about the result.

• PAGES
RSS