Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Honest opinions please...

Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:59 AM (8 replies)
  • guahould
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 4:40 AM

After playing a few rounds and looking around the pro shop and the forum reviews and "moans"  I`m not sure if I should continue playint WGT..   Is it a worthwhile thing?? How much money might I actually end up spending before the swing meter stops going super fast?? Can credits be won somehow ?? or must everything to make the game actually function in a fun way need to be purchased ?? and when do the adds stop ad end of every hole?? and why do I keep winning awards for triple bogies and silly crap like that?? 

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 6:57 AM

.. I think most people would agree that it is a fantastic product but also that it is far from the finished product.

If you overlook all the silly awards and the unique propensity for WGT to shoot themselves in the foot thru their ill- conceived updates and/or lack of customer service, it is fine. People will always moan more than they praise but I think much of the frustration comes from people knowing how much better the product could be.

There are also lots of great people on here that you get to meet.

The reality is that to get good quickly, you probably do need to buy the equipment. If you are in it for the long term, you can get there eventually ...it has taken me 18 months to earn c 1,500 credits. . .and a lot of patience.

As a fairweather real golfer, this meets my winter golf cravings.

If you play it for fun and are willing to accept the glitches, I would stick at it. If you want to win enough money to retire, it is probably not for you.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:21 AM

Retire?!  I just want to win enough credits for the car!  Then I'm outta here!  Vrooooom!

• Cochecho
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:41 AM

Honestly I really enjoy playing at WGT, I have 8 months playing and so far everythinghas been entertainment. I really enjoy when they add new courses, because that means I have to play and spend more time with them to know well. For the moment I have no complaints to make to the game.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:51 AM

guahould:
    After playing a few rounds and looking around the pro shop and the forum reviews and "moans"  I`m not sure if I should continue playint WGT.

You happened to join right before an update. There is always much *cough cough* discussion in the forums after large updates...... it will calm down in here.

guahould:
    Is it a worthwhile thing??

Very much so.

guahould:
    How much money might I actually end up spending before the swing meter stops going super fast??

The swing meter will only get faster..... it is the trade off for gaining the precision and distance of the purchased clubs.

guahould:
    Can credits be won somehow ??

Yes. You win credits from tournaments, advancing tiers, etc. You can also complete SURVEYS found under 'Get Credits at the top of the page

guahould:
    when do the adds stop ad end of every hole??

There will always be ads. Helps keep the site alive.

guahould:
    why do I keep winning awards for triple bogies and silly crap like that?? 

These will calm down very soon and will only pop up when you reach the next milestone.

Take your time and enjoy the game............. it's worth it.

Happy hitting

• guahould
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 7:59 AM

cool ,, thanks for the replies,, maybe ill catch you guys out there some day.. 

• BadDobie
    48 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 9:24 AM

I have been playing since Sept 2010 and so far have spent less than $50.  This was to upgrade equipment and to refill/upgrade to new balls every so often.  It can become adicting, it is fun, and you can meet some interesting people. 

I agree with the other comments that even at the highest level, you are not going to make any serious $$...more about being the top dog so to speak.

It can be frustrating at times (i.e. meter jumps, new ad campaigns, etc.), but overall I do not think you can find a better “free” golf game on the internet.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 9:43 AM

why is it takeing so  long too  fix the meter issue then?   has it been 3 years and its still a Beta version?  meaning a beta version is not 100%  yet  we still get charged  for equipment. surely as    paying customers the good should be  100%  perfect.or am i missing the Point here...

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 9:46 AM

BustaSpliff:

.or am i missing the Point here...

You certainly missed the point of the thread....

RSS