rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:37 AM (3 replies)
  • suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 3:18 PM

Hi just joined on the 24th Jan 2011.

At the level of tour pro with an average score of 64 & level 44

Couple of questions.

How does the level you play at work. I mean getting upgraded from hack , am , pro , tour pro , tour master etc etc etc. Does it work on awards won during rounds + scores.

Once you reach tour master , any suggestions on drivers  tee box back a little more.

Would you recommend the G10 , R9 driver & what is the meter speed like.

Any suggestions on the better CC around. Currently joined in one country club with 27 members are there larger ones around with good amount of tournaments regular.

Other then that good game  good people to play with hope to make more friends

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 2:19 AM

Congrats. Nice progress.

Personally I think the G10s (the former "Master" set, available from about level 60) are excellent once you get to the Master level. They are highly accurate, with a nice high arc that holds greens nicely. The 270 driver is enough to bring most anything into range. (For example, you can usually reach Bethpage 7 in regulation, or be within pitching distance at least.) The meter is relatively fast, but probably no problem especially with those slow Callaway balls. There are more accurate clubs, but they have a very fast meter, and fighting a fast meter on every shot seems to me would be a nightmare. You can check the top players' profiles and actually peek into their golf bags to see what kind of sticks they are using.

WGT say that advancing from tier to tier is based on the average of your best scores at your current tier plus playing some minimum number of rounds at each tier (none of these figures are released, however).

At Master, you will move back to a longer set of tees (perhaps with faster greens?), and then as a Tour Master you will play from the Master tees but with even faster greens.

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 2:48 AM

You'll reach Master tier as soon as you've played enough rounds, the average score is 67. 

Master Tees are longer but still use Very Fast greens as you do, next stage is Tour Master, where you will have Tournament greens to compete with. I think the average for Tour Master is 62

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 4:37 AM

Thank you both for taking the time to reply guys.

Hope to see you on the greens.

RSS