Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Belated Introduction

Tue, Feb 23 2016 8:56 PM (8 replies)
  • ScottyAKing
    176 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 4:24 PM

Seeing Ladychipper's thread about this area being hijacked made me feel a bit guilty for not introducing myself, so here I am.

Now I don't know what to say.....

I'd known about WGT for a while, but just never got around to registering.  When the mobile app was released (much to the chagrin of some long time members I think), I decided to give it a go.  I now play on multiple devices.  iPhone, Samsung tablet, PC, and have my laptop hooked up to my telly with wireless mouse to play on the big screen - which is great.

I probably play predominantly on mobile devices, as due to being in a wheelchair (spinal injury), with limited hand dexterity, it is just easier.  I do love the big screen option though. :)

Pre injury days, I played golf semi regularly (work and other sport often got in the way), and played off 18 for a while.  My game now is very similar to what it was many years go.....Inconsistent!!!  I am a lefty (an option I wish was on the PC).

I love having an outlet to play one of the sports I enjoyed many years ago, even if only virtually.  I miss the early morning smell of freshly mown grass, but I don't miss getting poked in the eye looking for a ball in the bushes!  Swings and roundabouts.

I'm always up for tips and advice btw.

Cheers

Scott

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 4:56 PM

Great attitude Scott and very nice to make your acquaintance. I have mentioned in other threads that this site offers an important reprieve for those who are house-bound due to age or injury, There are a lot of complaints about this site, and lots of folks threaten to quit, etc. but I am like you in many ways. I suffer from PTSD (a souvenir from years of deploying to the world's chit holes). I rarely bring it up in conversation as I simply deal with it, as you deal with your injury, and many others deal with theirs. 

Because I am a shut in for many days at a time...my "friends and social life" basically consist of this site. I play only alternate as I see this "game" as a way to safely converse with other people...with golf acting simply as the back drop. I have met some excellent people on here..and although "friend" is loosely defined on the internet, I will say that I have consistent contact and good conversations with many of them. I thoroughly enjoy this forum as well...a lot of humor, advice, music, arguments, debates...it runs the gamut, but makes for enjoyable reading and posting on.

Anyway...take care and maybe we can hit a few someday.

cheers,

ct

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 9:07 PM

Scott,

I am so happy you followed the sage advice and posted your intro. It was moving to read, not with sadness but with happiness to be able to feel the positive vibrations you radiate. I thank you for it.

~ SP ~ aka ~ Lily ~

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 10:56 PM

Welcome, Scotty!

Enjoy the game by finding your spot of enjoyment - there are many options!

Like you I found the game when I was homebound, alas only temporarily. I've always been enjoying the shots - far better than mine - and the views - showning adorable places in superb quality.

Have fun!!

• ScottyAKing
    176 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2016 11:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome CT, SP, and Alosso.

CT, yes I've seen the negative feedback, some seems trivial in the grand scheme of things, but everybody has their reasons (I'll stay diplomatic for now, especially seeing I'm a relative newcomer).  I'm also sure some things could be improved. 

Re your PTSD, I can't speak for it first hand, but I'm just pleased it is now becoming recognised as being as debilitating as any visible physical injury.  All the best with your management.  An yep, I'd like to have a hit sometime.

SP, thanks for the compliment.  I best watch my step so as not to fall off that pedestal.  ;)

• Ladychipper
    22,983 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 7:11 AM

Welcome Scotty!  

I am happy that you came and introduced yourself. 

Sorry about your spinal injury and I hope that gets better.  I have a friend in here that you may want to look up, user name is Chance713 that has back problems.  Perhaps he can be of help to you so send him a friend invite. 

If I can be of further assistance please let me know. 

This game is very addictive LOL since I have played every day for almost 3 years now and am still enjoying it, but it's even better with friends to play with. 

Blessings,

Marion

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 9:15 AM

ct690911:

Great attitude Scott and very nice to make your acquaintance. I have mentioned in other threads that this site offers an important reprieve for those who are house-bound due to age or injury, There are a lot of complaints about this site, and lots of folks threaten to quit, etc. but I am like you in many ways. I suffer from PTSD (a souvenir from years of deploying to the world's chit holes). I rarely bring it up in conversation as I simply deal with it, as you deal with your injury, and many others deal with theirs. 

Because I am a shut in for many days at a time...my "friends and social life" basically consist of this site. I play only alternate as I see this "game" as a way to safely converse with other people...with golf acting simply as the back drop. I have met some excellent people on here..and although "friend" is loosely defined on the internet, I will say that I have consistent contact and good conversations with many of them. I thoroughly enjoy this forum as well...a lot of humor, advice, music, arguments, debates...it runs the gamut, but makes for enjoyable reading and posting on.

Anyway...take care and maybe we can hit a few someday.

cheers,

ct

If your in jail does that qualify as being shut-in? Inquiring minds want to know lol

HO

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2016 3:44 PM

"If your in jail does that qualify as being shut-in? Inquiring minds want to know lol"

HO

Jails come under provincial jurisdiction and are not that comfy...the trick is to commit a federal crime...then you go to Prison..."Club Fed"...cable TV, computers, libraries, outings, skills training, good food...and all the sex you can handle from dudes named Bubba, Billy-Bob and Cletus. No need to fear a prostate exam after a few years with these guys...oi vey

• ScottyAKing
    176 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2016 8:56 PM

Thanks Marion.  I'm 16 years post injury now (C6 quadriplegic), so I'm as better as I'll get. ;-)

It is addictive.  Think I've missed three days since I started.  I was so annoyed at having to start my XP meter from scratch again!

Apologies for the tardy reply.

Scott

RSS