Re: An Introduction...

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 18 2016 2:51 PM (8 replies)
  • AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 6:30 AM

"Introduce myself (right on!), Introduce myself (right on!)"

G'day all,

My name's Mick and I'd like to (finally) introduce myself to the WGT forums and the community as a whole.

I'm an Aussie (duh), though I now live in New York City. I love this game we call golf. I have a passion for it, and it's this passion that has driven me in this wonderful game for over 20 years. I'm proud to say that I currently play off a 1.8 USGA handicap index, and I absolutely cannot wait until spring when I can get back out on the course. Winter in NYC is not so conducive to golf, and this is where WGT steps in.

Just over a year ago I was introduced to WGT by a very good mate of mine, surakdemiz, and I have been hooked ever since. We started a country club together (NYC Country Club) and we have had many, many good times here while meeting quite a few awesome people along the way. We're always happy to help fellow golfers where we can, and we welcome any members looking to join a country club to check us out and consider us as an option. 

So, thanks to everyone for making this a great community. And thank you for reading this far; I hadn't planned on being this verbose but, as I said, golf is a passion :)

Let the good times (and good putts) roll. Cheers everyone!

~Mick

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 9:36 AM

G'day  to you sir ..........Cheers

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 10:56 AM

Nice intro Mick. To a degree it explains my natural love of the Aussie, the way they think and express themselves especially slammin a few brews. ````Ok, I love golf, love it, love playing it. So. I'm going to move to NYC baby...the apple. It would be silly to move to Palm Springs```` and silly it would be, very silly. Obama is lookin around Rancho Mirage....there are "For Sale" signs everywhere.

~ SP ~

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 11:13 AM

SweetiePie:

Nice intro Mick. To a degree it explains my natural love of the Aussie, the way they think and express themselves especially slammin a few brews. ````Ok, I love golf, love it, love playing it. So. I'm going to move to NYC baby...the apple. It would be silly to move to Palm Springs```` and silly it would be, very silly. Obama is lookin around Rancho Mirage....there are "For Sale" signs everywhere.

~ SP ~

Hahaha cheers SweetiePie, and nice reply! 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 12:43 PM

nice to meet you sir...welcome...wgt, for all the frustrating glitches, is still a great place to meet people and have a good time...sure beats face book.

As a quick aside to Lily's comment on Obama...I read where a Billionaire NFL owner (aren't they all Billionaires?)...was the guy who purchased that $175 million mega-ranch in Texas...not sure what the golfing is like though.

ct

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 1:10 PM

CEverett12:

G'day  to you sir ..........Cheers

Cheers mate!

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 1:13 PM

ct690911:

nice to meet you sir...welcome...wgt, for all the frustrating glitches, is still a great place to meet people and have a good time...sure beats face book.

As a quick aside to Lily's comment on Obama...I read where a Billionaire NFL owner (aren't they all Billionaires?)...was the guy who purchased that $175 million mega-ranch in Texas...not sure what the golfing is like though.

ct

Thanks for the welcome mate. Actually, all of my ranked rounds have been played on the WGT mobile platform (on my iPhone 6 plus) so I, thankfully, haven't experienced the glitches you're talking about. I'm starting to play some CTTH on my PC but I'm not too good at it... yet.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

~Mick

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 2:38 PM

Check out the open forum post "Couple Free Sleeves". Sleeve of Callys for ya , if you're interested. Welcome to the forums.

Doc :)

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 2:51 PM

drmoose:

Check out the open forum post "Couple Free Sleeves". Sleeve of Callys for ya , if you're interested. Welcome to the forums.

Doc :)

Wow, really? Thank you so much, Doc! I'll try to locate that post. And thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it. 

Cheers,

~Mick

RSS