Forums

Help › Forums

Re: power meter

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2009 9:40 AM (1 replies)
  • Chairman3713
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 10:13 AM

I have been playing for almost 2 months and continually improving each time I play.  I recenently just shot my best 18-hole score of 69 (could have been a 67 if I didn't put the ball in the water and lose a stoke on 12 or 13 at Kiawah).  Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions on reading the power meter.  Sometimes, I think I have enough power, but really I don't.  Other times, I have too much power.  Is there some method to reading the meter other than just a lot of practice?

Thank you,

Chairman

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 9:40 AM

It is my experience that as long as you hit a wood or iron at a minimum of 70- 80% of the meter length you will get a corresponding distance from the club.  For instance if you hit a 200 yd club at 90% of the meter length, the ball will travel 180 yds assuming no wind and no up or downhill.  I attempt to avoid hitting any club , other than the putter, less than 70% as results don't seem to correlate as well between the meter %tage and the distance traveled.  

BTW, the putter works the same way with the caveat that I have no trouble using the entire length of the meter to to find the the distance needed...for instance, if I have a six foot putt with the 30ft putter I would calculate that I need to bring the meter up to 20% of its length and release...I usually give it an extra click or two up the meter to ensure I am not short with any putt...hope this helps....HBthree

RSS