Forums

Help › Forums

Re: looking for cc

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 18 2016 1:16 PM (9 replies)
  • bigblue200
    378 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2016 6:17 PM

Im not happy with current cc!Im looking for cc with lots of touraments and wants to win clash! I play two to three games a day and many more on weekends. Not interested in start up clubs.

Bigblue200

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2016 9:22 PM

bigblue200:

Im not happy with current cc!Im looking for cc with lots of touraments and wants to win clash! I play two to three games a day and many more on weekends. Not interested in start up clubs.

Bigblue200

Haha... there is only one club for you then. Good luck chasing the golden putter.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2016 9:50 PM

bigblue200:

If you want to win a Clash event, your choice is now limited to one club, The Georgian. I have no idea if they have vacancies however, but I would suggest you leave your current CC before first.

I am not sure why this is a goal, but everyone to their own.

Your score history would also fit in, as playing often during a clash trumps quality.

For a top club (based on quality of play) to accept you, they may question your bag as you have 2 drivers, a starters wedge and hybrid along with some very good clubs......just strikes me as odd and a slight lack of a commitment to improve.

But good luck in your quest.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 3:49 AM

"For a top club (based on quality of play) to accept you, they may question your bag as you have 2 drivers, a starters wedge and hybrid along with some very good clubs......just strikes me as odd and a slight lack of a commitment to improve."

I used to have 2 drivers in my bag...one for putting and one for sand trap recovery shots!  Mind, I also teed off with my wedges...always center of fairway when I could reach them.

All changed up now...proper medication is a wonderful thing..:)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 4:53 AM

If you want to win a clash you must be in the Georgian , However YOU will NOT win anything !  The CC event has ONE prize  ( A Putter )  It will go to a senior member .. Prize value  $0.00

Good luck ...............

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 6:15 AM

A prize? What prize? There are no prizes of any worth in the CC Events.

From what I heard, it's a mediocre putter, and it's being pushed
    to the top of the CC passes hype by the right colour and a phantasy price tag.

Competing(!) here is tin god worship IMHO.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 9:42 AM

alosso:

A prize? What prize? There are no prizes of any worth in the CC Events.

From what I heard, it's a mediocre putter, and it's being pushed
    to the top of the CC passes hype by the right colour and a phantasy price tag.

Competing(!) here is tin god worship IMHO.

I actually played someone who used this 400,000 credit putter. Mediocre is exactly right. A lot of makeable putts were missed with it...color is nice though..:)

ct

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 12:13 PM

ct690911:

I used to have 2 drivers in my bag...one for putting and one for sand trap recovery shots!  Mind, I also teed off with my wedges...always center of fairway when I could reach them.

All changed up now...proper medication is a wonderful thing..:)

LOL, you would be a good prospect for the abovementioned club...more shots = XP

As for the putter, I too have played against players using it, and to say the attributes are somewhat exaggerated would be a gross understatement, Either that or the players have been unbelievably bad putters.

Quire amusing when players must think they are actually winning something of value.......heck I can sell my car and put a price tag of $500,000.....is it worth that? Of course not but that is the value I put on it.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2016 7:07 PM

I'll confirm that.  The putter is no miracle worker for sure.  I've flat-out whipped some opponents on the green who had that thing.

If you want to join a club for a few lawn gnomes on your tee boxes, go ahead.  Chances are about slim to none that a new recruit TM is going to get the putter.

• bigblue200
    378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 1:16 PM

Thanks for input gents.Looks like the gods of wgt have spoken.lol

RSS