Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Stoke average.....

Mon, Jun 13 2016 3:46 AM (9 replies)
  • hepibhoy
    418 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 8:29 AM

Hi I've just moved up to master...I was at an average 66.... I then jumped to average 69!!!!!!!....then played in open qualifier and moved to 70.33....for a 73..+3 over par.....it seems a bit unfair that by moving up a tear  and battling it out on really hard tracks with lightening greens your punished by average rocketing up....only been playing few months so not really sure how it all works....would be grateful for some information regarding .....

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 8:44 AM

This is normal. Whenever you move up in tier your average goes up to match the increased difficulty of the new tier. 

_CHAMPION

• hepibhoy
    418 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 9:07 AM

Thanks....just seem a bit harsh after a battling 73 I then go up a further stroke...but that's golf I suppose

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 10:07 AM

And once you saturate, your high scores will fall off as lower scores replace them, and your average will drop. 

At your level, this happens quickly. When you hit Legend, it takes quite a while. Made Legend on December 19; finally saturated June 5. And I play a lot.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 3:07 PM

I was a TM for 10 days woke up Legend and a 92 avg

• hepibhoy
    418 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 4:24 PM

Cool mate...that's tough...but I get the picture now suppose that's real golf ...better you get the harder to win ......cheers 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 4:34 AM

Good scores you will see your average drop. Then as mentioned on here reg saturation, your worst scores get pushed out gradually.

This may help you

Bubbs

• hepibhoy
    418 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2016 6:55 AM

Thanks bubbs. .appreciated

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2016 12:39 PM

WGTChampion:

This is normal. Whenever you move up in tier your average goes up to match the increased difficulty of the new tier. 

_CHAMPION

Only if you shoot a score(s) at the new tier higher than your old average.

What actually happens is your score average resets and you don't have a score average until you play a ranked score game at the new higher tier.

That first score becomes your new scoring average and your score average will go up or down until it is saturated. Once saturated your score average can only stay the same or go down.

RSS