Help › Forums

Re: being a master has ruined this game for me

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:07 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:37 PM

I just made master as well, and I found it was very difficult at first.  But, you have to keep practicing, and have fun with friends.  I went out, bought a new driver, and I probably need some new irons too.

So, keep at it, have fun with your friends, and don't worry about a bad, it happens to the best of us.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:39 PM

get rid of that spider putter, it is the worse putter on this game site.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:57 PM

SGTBilko:

get rid of that spider putter, it is the worse putter on this game site.

Congrats on your promotion :) The Spider is a bad putter to use.. I found the best is the Daytona (Rossa) for me at least.

Keep at it... I found when you first change Tiers it's just pain until you get used to it..The more you play and start going through the levels you can also get really good clubs that can make the game easier (if you have the credits). Just be careful of the meter speeds with some clubs, they can be a huge headache. Some of the balls you can buy will help on slowing down the meter for your clubs.

I also found that the lower your Ave. the harder the game plays.. eg; your shots aren't as forgiving as before. For me it was like climbing a mountain; you struggle to get to the top and when you do, you start to have quite few great games which causes your Ave to drop, then the shots you were playing is not the same anymore and the cycle starts again until you reach the top again...etc, etc.

Good Luck

Roger

• UGGGGJMM
    68 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:34 AM

Same happens to me going from amateur to pro

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 12:04 PM

Stick with it Jam, and anyone else who changes tier and is struggling. When i changed tier, i couldnt kick snow off a rope, i was hopeless at it. As all the other folk here are saying, give it a bit of time, and you will see your scores dropping again. Remember when you first played as a hack? But you got better. It will happen. Cheers.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 12:06 PM

greenblah:

Yes I have and it sucks i cant even get a hole in one like i used to.

Thats funny level 3 hack that started on the 13th

• Timfy67
    37 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 12:09 PM

I can only agree with the other comments here Jam... I to have just turned Master and I'm playing like an 'eejit!!! Can't hit the greens, 4 putting from 15' etc!

It's great!!! Really made the game a challenge again. Don't worry about averages, tiers and all the other bumpf. Just play the game and enjoy the challenge, the rest will come eventually (I hope!)

• svictor
    8 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:07 PM

I feel your pain brother. I was at the master tier before the level system started, then i stopped playing for 3-4 months. I came back about a month ago I was at level 32 i think on the master tier and now i have to get to at least level 65 to get thee good clubs. Till then i'm just gonna keep on shooting these crap score .

• PAGES
RSS