Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hi from an old player(2008)that just started playing again.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 14 2016 8:23 AM (8 replies)
  • darktone
    151 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 5:13 PM

Things have changed since 2008 when I started playing. A couple quick questions- how does the levels work? The first few levels went by quick but now it seems like it takes longer to get through one. Is there a chart that shows how many XP points each level takes? Second my ranking is TOUR PRO( I am not that good) maybe I used to be. But it is all in Capitol letters unlike other players? So many more gadgets and options than it used to be. Thanks!

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 9:12 PM

Welcome back!

Yes, a lot of new things have been introduced, quite a few new courses for instance. Lately, it has been more of childish gadgets as the "cat" balls :(

Concerning levels, see this reference list. Yes, it's becoming steeper - double XPs will bring you to L41 only. The real grind begins at L89 though...

If you're interested to rise, try to use the Continuous Days Bonus - explanations on the Main Game Screen. It's interesting because higher levels unlock better equipment which you might need for higher tiers.

No clue about the capitals for the tier (Tour Pro) - I see yours in regular writing. Tiers are combined with the average and the number of ranked (strokeplay) rounds played - another grind once you arrive at Master...

Most important: Have fun!!

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 9:36 PM

Thanks! I don't know how I got to be a Tour Pro? I was level 22 a week ago when I started playing again and was Tour Pro then, not sure how I earned that at such a low level? 

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 10:56 PM

New players start from "Hack", but you have a long (or old) history from your beginnings.

Back in 2010, the levels plus Legend tier were introduced (I heard), and then the players were re-assigned. Your rating may have been assigned then.

• Fencer100
    2,064 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2016 1:51 AM

pdb1:
     You need to play at least 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend to saturate ( average stops  going up ).
      When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Tour Legend to Champion.

You need to play an additional 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend before reaching Champion

So, if I understand this correctly, you need to hit 400 ranked rounds as a Tour Legend to get to Champion as well as have an average of 60 or lower. 

Not that it really bothers me, I don't think I shall be hitting those giddy heights anytime soon !

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2016 1:56 AM

Nope. The "additional 200" were only for those playing as TLs when the C tier was introduced. For later TLs, it's only 200 rounds plus 59.000 average I suppose.

(oops - a typo in Paul's text)

I also doubt the "undisclosed rounds" for TC tier - me thinks that it's simply by appointment.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2016 8:23 AM

pdb1:

Additional if you are a TL . Additional when you become a TL . 

ie : more , on top of , in addition to 

ref: ones current count . 

amended . pending approval 

I don't get this - too mystic for a basic Teuton.

But, if you get into decimals, you should perhaps write 59.000.

RSS