Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Back from the brink

Fri, Aug 19 2016 4:33 PM (5 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:38 AM

Hey guys,

I'm back, having not played for almost 2 years...enough time to get well out of practice and forget most of the important points that give you an edge.

I've only noticed 3 changes...

One is a horribly cheesy and robotic commentary when you hit a shot that supposedly lands in a good spot.

Another seems to be information telling players how to hit the tee shot!!!

I'm not surprised by the first...it could be improved upon, so that it's a good gimmick rather than a bad one, but I am astounded that they are giving tee shoot info like that.

What ever happened to players making their own calculations and judgements? It just seems to me to take skill out of the game and makes no sense at all?

The addition of the Chambers Bay course is of course a welcome one.

Anyway I'm writing to ask if there have been any more changes (welcome or unwelcome)?

Thanks in advance

PRStevenson

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:46 AM

Pebble beach, full 18.

Tee markes, including - Dogs, Pink Flamingos, Dice, Pool 8 balls etc.

Cat motif golf balls that meeow when you hit them.

Welcome back to the most realistic golf game on the internet...

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:24 AM

PRStevenson:
    Another seems to be information telling players how to hit the tee shot!!!

If your are referring to the info in the box in the right corner, that is telling you how far your tee shot has carried, rolled etc, it's not telling you how to hit it, the only other change as far as i'm aware is if you hit the ding too often you could get banned, welcome back

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:34 AM

All the old glitches,(meter skip, load error,etc), are still around plus new ones for you to discover!  Welcome back, and keep on swinging!

TracyMax

• darktone
    151 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 4:28 PM

Try being gone for eight years...... actually I think it was longer than that but that is what it has me listed as being a member since. I really like this game. It used to be you could only really get so good. Now it looks unlimited. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 4:33 PM

PRStevenson:
    I'm writing to ask if there have been any more changes (welcome or unwelcome)?

Heh, I'd tell you to search "security sweep" but that monster thread was deleted. It seems WGT instituted some type of security sweep and nailed some serious top level golfers, ones long suspected of playing outside the lines. It caused quite a stir and still resonates.

Suffice to say, there seems to be an air of legitimate running around now. New names are appearing at the top. :-)

p.s., WGT doesn't own themselves anymore, they sold out to TopGolf.

RSS