Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hello golfers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:04 AM (5 replies)
  • Draklems
    224 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 10:14 PM

Just looking to get better, and hope to find some good tips in here. I'm tired of sucking :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 2:48 AM

Draklems:

Just looking to get better, and hope to find some good tips in here. I'm tired of sucking :)

Practice makes perfect. The more games you play the better you will get...as long as you remember your mistakes. Read all great Tips in the FAQ's -----> . The Putting tip is great.

Have a look at my stats.(I'm not the best player...far from it) this will give an idea where your game needs to get better. , like  Pitching and Putting and compare to your stats..For a start, you need to work on your short game...Pitching and Putting...great tips on how to do this is in the Faqs.

good luck

Roger

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:22 AM

Draklems:

Advice, get rid of that horrible spider putter and go with 3 wedges. Hybrid is not necessary

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:31 AM

mantis0014:
    as long as you remember your mistakes.

Remembering your mistakes can be a 2 edged sword. If you get to the point that you dwell on your mistakes you will make the same mistake over and over again. Think about the positive and your mistakes will become less frequent. That being said though, there are some mistakes that plaque you. A different mistake for every player. My big one is not changing my clubs and balls from my CTTH set-up to my stroke play set-up. I can't tell you how many times I have had to play a single play round including a couple of ready-gos with no Driver or 3 wood (just my iron set,putter and 5 wedges) The last time was this week's single play 18 @ Oakmont. Oh I could have and probably should have withdrawn, but I'm a stubborn old fart and punish myself by playing the full tourney. It really hurts the my driving accuracy though. 0 fairways hit for the stat because only drives that hit the fairway or green on a par 4 that are hit with a driver count toward that stat.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:24 AM

borntobesting:

mantis0014:
    as long as you remember your mistakes.

Remembering your mistakes can be a 2 edged sword. If you get to the point that you dwell on your mistakes you will make the same mistake over and over again. Think about the positive and your mistakes will become less frequent.

Yes, this is true. I have to be careful with the translation of my funny Aussie thinking.... I should have said ...Know what you did wrong and try not to do the same mistake twice, which is easier said than done.

cheers

Roger

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:04 AM

SGTBilko:

Draklems:

Advice, get rid of that horrible spider putter and go with 3 wedges. Hybrid is not necessary

Agree 100%

RSS