Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:48 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 10:10 PM

JFidanza:
    Randy5900:
    How do you pull the pin?
    a little icon in the corner that looks like a flag stick, click on that to toggle in/out

... and be sure to do it before the shot, because the outcome is calculated in the moment you click on the meter, so everything else is considered "after the ball stopped". This is why those players can put it back in while the ball flies - it's only virtually virtual ;)

And, BTW, we see no difference between flag in / flag out on replays. It's always shown there.

• Randy5900
    6 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2016 10:30 AM

Thanks

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2016 2:59 PM

This vid should explain all.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 6:45 AM

billh021:

To All-----Young46 said he removes flag stick so it doesn't glance off.  Is there any data that says the ball will go into the hole more often if pin is removed vs leaving pin in???? 

billh021

The problem isn't so much the ball going in or not, the big problem is when the stick is left in the ball can bounce off and travel 200+ yards, sometimes way further.  This very often results in an out of bounds ball with penalty stroke and will pretty much ruin your round.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:48 PM

While it seems conventional and logical to pull the pin on approaches from distance (60+ yards) is it always the right decision when trying to get up and down? Earlier today I overdrove the tenth at merion and was in the far bunker. Was tempted to pull as usual but kept in in case it could slow the ball down which it luckily did and left a short birdie. Otherwise probably rolls through green or at best lips and leaves a similar distance. 

I can see from deep why you don't want to end up like the 2013 Masters, but around the green I do both. 

• PAGES
RSS