Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't post pictures

Mon, Dec 5 2016 1:46 PM (6 replies)
  • GRANVISTAGOLFER
    304 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 9:59 AM

No matter what I do or try. I just do not understand what to do with all kinds of instructions. I'll give a sleeve of nikes to the person who can get this through my moronic stone head. FRUSTATED

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:02 AM

GRANVISTAGOLFER:

No matter what I do or try. I just do not understand what to do with all kinds of instructions. I'll give a sleeve of nikes to the person who can get this through my moronic stone head. FRUSTATED

might help to know what pic or a link to you are trying to post.  First you need to download the picture to you hard drive(save image does this very thing).  Know where the image is on your computer and go to a upload site.

Pictures cannot be posted directly to these forums, they must be uploaded to a different site(example, TinyPic, imgur are a couple)  Score cards are done the same way.  Once uploaded, its just a matter of grabbing the correct link and posting to the filmstrip above.  Pasting the link into the popup, in most cases change the 550 to 450 to fit into forum post properly, click insert.  

This is coming out of memory, so bear with me until i check it with an actual pic.  The following will be an example used elsewhere within the forums.  I use TinyPic as my upload site.

Well guess not at 1:52 eastern time Tiny is under maintence.

If I remember correctly the link you will want to grab is for direct layouts.  I will be the bottom of the 4 links that Tiny will supply from the unload.

Hold on up now.

On already uploaded it is 3rd from the top, direct link for layouts  Copy that link with right click.

left click insert media above, looks like a film strip.

Terrible to be in this kind of mood, sort of a fitting picture, don't ya think.  Didn't think about it until just now, maybe I should have grabbed one of some baby ducks, or a banana.

delete the http that is currently on the insert media/url line, right click, paste the link, change 550 to 450 and there is your picture.

In this case a gif.

Check also ScottHope profile page for alot of information.  I think you will find all of this with pictures.  He is good.

If this fits your bill I don't use the Nikes.  Callaways level 34.  If you find you can understand Scotts better I am sure he would like the balls instead,  Don't know what he uses, but you will see on his profile page.

As Jim explained below when you first upload a picture you have to browse for it on your computer, then hit upload, the site will do the rest , then it's just a matter of grabbing the link.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 11:11 AM

I'll give it a try. 

Getting your picture that is already on your computer...........

1. Go to Postimage.org
    2. Click "Choose images"-this takes you to your computer to view what you have there
    3. Find the image you want and upload it
    4. Once it's uploaded, copy the Direct Link (click the icon to the right or right-click and copy.) You now have what you need to post here.

Posting it here............

1. Click the piece of film strip in the toolbar of your post. A box pops up.
    2. Paste what you copied from Postimage in that box.
    3. Change that 550 to 480 or less (the size of the picture-480 is as big as you can use and have it show in full.)
    4. Click insert
    5. Admire your success.  :-)

• GRANVISTAGOLFER
    304 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 4:05 PM

MANY THANKS YJ.......BALLS ARE ON THE WAY WITH MY SINCEREST THANKS

GV

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 4:46 PM

I take it we were successful?  The balls weren't necessary but are appreciated. TYVM  ;-)

• jaroslaw
    345 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:24 PM

Meany Thanks from me :).

Nicely explained  step by step.

Used first time today and works well.

Thank you YJ

J.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 1:46 PM

To post pictures from websites or google images -