Help › Forums

Re: What steps do I take to get started

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 12 2011 2:34 PM (5 replies)
  • TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:00 PM

I just joined today.

I have completed the one game where you get it as close to the hole as you can over nine holes

What is my next step to keep progressing at this game.

There seems to be so much here to learn. This a excellent online game.

What should I look to do or work on next to start earning credits and getting better.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 6:29 AM

To lower your average you play ranked stroke play games. You earn 50 credits when you reach your next tier, which is Amateur.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 6:42 AM

You also earn more credits , the more you advance in tiers. I would advise you to hold onto the credits till you think you have maxed out your potential with what you have, then buy a driver and some wedges. You can earn credits by doing surveys. These are at the top of the page. Click get creds, then complete offers. Have fun.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 6:43 AM

TheProfessorX:
    What should I look to do or work on next to start earning credits and getting better.

Go to the FAQ Home---------------------> and read it. It answers a lot of basic questions.

If you want to jump right in go to the game page, under the Tournament tab click Stroke Play and you will see a bunch of free tournaments. Click on one and sign up. You will automatically be put into a tournament against your peers. Scores count when you finish the round and the score is posted. Some of them you can play over and over and only your best score counts (Unlimited Play.) You can see these posts on your profile. These posted scores are what determine your average and your movement up the level ladder.

You can also play ranked rounds by yourself or against others. You can also set up your own practice round where the score doesn't count. Look under the Explore All Courses tab and pick a course. Only 4 of them are full courses available for stroke play. 

It doesn't take long to get hooked here and any question you have has probably been asked and answered right here in these forums. Use the Search box to find a related article and read about it. Above all, welcome to the addiction and have a good time. :-)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 7:41 AM

practice practice practice

and play ALL the courses 

-G

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 2:34 PM

Thank you to everyone who responded.

I see the best way is to just jump in and to read everything that I can on how to play.

I will have to start playing some ranked rounds and some tournaments.

RSS