Forums

Help › Forums

Re: stroke play

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 15 2017 8:50 PM (4 replies)
  • docbrown121
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2017 6:22 PM

why does the guy that quit hole four with score 14 win after i finish 9 ?.    the guy quit why his count and win thats not right his score should be wiped out 0

• sodakknight
    703 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 6:03 PM

He doesn't win anything.  The only thing playing a stroke play round with someone else, whether they quit or not, gets you is a little more XP. Playing a stroke play game can also certainly help (or harm) your own average but the quitter gets nothing.  To my knowledge, there isn't any stat or prize for number of stroke play games won. 

I wish there was.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:14 PM

sodakknight:
     To my knowledge, there isn't any stat or prize for number of stroke play games won. 

True. Nobody outside will ever notice who "won" - not even the "winner". It's but a long-time flaw.

sodakknight:
    The only thing playing a stroke play round with someone else, whether they quit or not, gets you is a little more XP.

Unfortunately, not true. The final bonus is given for the final game status, so if a player finishes solo, it will award solo XPs, not more.

sodakknight:
    Playing a stroke play game can also certainly [...] harm your own average

Unforunately, this wrong belief leads to quite a few quittings.

It's not true. No bad score would harm the average on the long run, because it's wiped out anyway after saturation.

• sodakknight
    703 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 5:02 PM

alosso:

sodakknight:

Unforunately, this wrong belief leads to quite a few quittings.

It's not true. No bad score would harm the average on the long run, because it's wiped out anyway after saturation.

Technically correct but after saturation a bad score will not help lower your average

I'm not justifying quitters, they suck.  I'm simply trying to relate to the poster that if somebody quits a stroke play game they (the quitter) don't "win" anything.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 8:50 PM

sodakknight:

sodakknight:

Technically correct but after saturation a bad score will not help lower your average

Please, no alternative facts. My objection was meant against "can certainly harm the average".

RSS