Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting is killing me!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 8 2017 1:23 PM (6 replies)
  • Tracy713
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 10:10 AM

HELP --- where an I go to get some really detailed putting instruction and practice.  An very new ...have played one 9 hole round. On that round Ihad as many putts as tee to green shots.  Not sure what it is I am not getting about the tech in putting mode; but I m obviously not getting it. I think my prime problem is figuring out the distance setting - seems I either double the distance needed or only make it halfway to the hole. 

Any thoughts?  Is there someplace I can go to get detailed insrruction and lots of practice. Tired of 4 putting!!

• Luther039
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Tracy713,

In the Main Playing Menu, look under where it says 'PLAY THE GAME'. The option at the bottom is 'Putting Green' choose this and you can practice on an easy green, dropping your ball from the distance you choose. You can practice as long as you want at just putting.

For different length putts, the scale for the meter changes, keep an eye on this. Full power on a 30 ft scale goes a lot shorter than on the 150 ft scale.

Hope this helps.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 10:51 AM

Go check out a player named "Young46" He has made a couple of video's on youtube and his twitch stream that shows different methods of putting. Perhaps one of them will work for you mate :) Cheers!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 12:03 PM

You just started , It takes practice , and Practice , And then more practice ..  The more rounds you play the better you will get ,  Ask someone from your CC to help you , Play with an experienced player and they might help , Use a program you can talk to each other when you play so he can explain the distance , I use Zello  , It's a push to talk program like a walkie talkie ... Good Luck

I sent you a friend request ,, Perhaps we can play a round sometime..

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 12:07 PM

Everything you need to know is here - GARY PINHUNTERS TIPS SITE

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 1:16 PM

If I were you Tracy I wouldn't try to run before you can walk. If I remember Hack level is approx adding adding 6 ft to the distance given. So if the screen tells you it's a 21 ft putt, you need to play for a 27 ft putt. This then wil start to get you somewhere near the hole each time and you can begin to make adjustments from there.

Have you got the standard vertical chevron meter, if so I can explain the increments to you which will also help.

As has been said, you really have only just begun and it's a long road. Slowlee slowlee catchee monkee.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 1:23 PM

Read the whole thread but especially 2nd post on page linked...

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/452696.aspx?PageIndex=4

RSS