Help › Forums

Re: TAB ON NEW BALLS

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 4 2011 1:56 PM (5 replies)
  • BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 6:46 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is any way of a counter to keep tabs on the amount of golf balls we have left  when playing a tournament in your country club or any game for that matter even CTTH.

For instance if I am using Calloways in a tournament and I loose my last ball then I go on to the starter ball.

Now I know I should know how many balls remain but let's be honest I am sure at some point we have all been caught out by loosing our favourite ball and then not realising that we have ran out and for the next 9 holes we are put onto the starter unlimited ball which can dramatically affect your score.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Bjorn

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 7:42 AM

Most players keep a healthy stock of their favorite balls so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Now its happened to you..i'm sure you'll do the same as the rest of us and stock up on balls, or at the very least just check your ball count before entering a game. There is a counter on the balls in the equipment section, so there you have it.... Problem solved.

• ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 8:08 AM

If you see that ball meter going in the red and your not sure you can purchase balls during a round and as long as they are exactly  the same as what your using then you won't run out.

I haven't been able to find out if I have any left during a round as the screen your playing on is the screen that has the ball count on it.   

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 9:01 AM

My solution is to merely stroke the balls gently,without removing the club head covers.That way you get a lot more life from each ball,and I think they love you more too.There is a small downside but one which only affects the more aggressive player,and that is that it can take up to four days to finish 9 holes.

I think its rather a moral judgement call though,over whether you support kindness or cruelty to balls(even Callaways).I for one make a habit of never eating a ball,but thats just me,and to be completely fair and honest,even I think I am a little too soft sometimes.

I also object to the unnecessary drowning of balls such as that covered regularly by Mr Bones of Iron and others too few not to mention and for this reason I take the precaution of equipping each ball with a small lifebelt,hardly noticeable unless you need full backspin.

There is a  rumour on the radio that there are now balls being made in far off lands that contain a self exploding device,and also that these are starting to be chipped into the WGT offices via the mesh windows surrounding customer services,but I for one take this with a pinch of trinitrotoluene,as I find it adds somewhat to the end result.Or more properly,it detracts dramatically from the final result,if you understand what I mean.

Another and rather more useful tip is to deploy your eyeliner or lipstick and ink out the little silly bar that shows ball wear on the basis that if you can't see it wearing away,then it cannot,in fact BE wearing away.I realise that not all golfers on this site will have access to such things as the feminine articles of beauty,and with this in mind I suggest a small lump of charcoal from your cave fires will suffice just as well.

I know Ike will be irked with my revelations,and I can respect the churl so induced,but in the interests of the game as a whole entity,I think these hints and tips should properly be outted,I am astonished in fact,that to date,there is scant reference to such helpful aids to ones progress.

One final note before the penultimate introduction to my concluding this merry snippet.Left handed clubs tend to hit harder than the more regular right handed specimens,and I suspect this has more to do with the rear of the clubface striking the ball than anything else.Unless I am missing something.Also I find it extremely distracting with the club head facing into me,rather than away from me.

To wrap up then,in succinct fashion,as is my wont,I would have to say that I have forgotten what this thread is about and I wonder whether anyone else has noticed this?

In conclusion,and to be brief,please stay away from sick donkeys if you are wearing anything other than shorts with a pocket on the left buttock.Thats my advice.

Lizzie xx

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 9:36 AM

I still have some eyeliner and lipstick from an earlier time in my life, when i was young and confused...oh the folly of youth.

• BJORNAGAIN1
    382 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 1:56 PM

Thanks all for your somewhat humerous replies.

I did get an A grade for my Arithmetic at school so I guess I will need to count more accurately.

But you know I am glad I posted my thread because it was worth it for Lizzie's reply.

I love good clean humour .

Lizzie I don't know you but I have seen some of your threads and replies and I swear you must work for a newspaper or magazine or be an author . Well????  LOL !!!!

Anyway if there was such a thing as a nomination for a good post I would like to nominate you Lizzie for this one.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

PS:  I just hope your golf is not as good as your chosen words if I ever come to play you

or I might be in deep trouble. LOL !!!!!!!

RSS