Help › Forums

Re: Fabulous place

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 14 2011 2:24 AM (8 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 12:27 AM

Hi all

I've been here a few days and I'm totally addicted. Not just the golf but real people who chat and play with you.

I look forward to making many new friends.

Have just got out of hacker status, so my only question is how long do I stick with the standard clubs all beginners get. I'm beginning to envy my partners who thrash 300 yard drives past me regularly.

Any suggestions to enhance my enjoyment are welcome apart from taking all my clothes off.

Best

OEJ

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 7:48 AM

Welcome.

Only you can decide when to upgrade, but I think it will add to the enjoyment of the game and allow you to score lower and move up in ranks

-wgticon

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 8:57 AM

Buy the best you can afford. The fun is in moving on up.  GOOD LUCK!! Leave your clothes on.  LOL...!!

• ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 10:04 AM

Ask yourself whats the worst part of your game or where you really need improvement.

For me I felt a better wedge for the first club was appropriate as you are almost always 

short,long wide right wide left.   (50 yd wedge)

Learn what that club will do when u punch,flop,chip,pitch and choke down, with back spin and without in rough and sand ,fairway and fringe  and you will be amazed at how many

shots you can save.

Or you can belt one out 275 and still have the above problems.

ALUMGOLD

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 10:08 AM

Keep away from the spider putter.Hang on until you can get the daytona..

Good luck and welcome.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 10:30 AM

Try  the Starter clubs mate there free too and a  little better than the  ones u have now.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 12:37 PM

my adise, go to starter now, get your 100credits, get the wgt plus set.  buy the daytona putter, and the gs13 balls to slow the swing meter down, and clean up....     hope it helps, it did me well for 2 years, then on my birthday i took wife shopping in pro shop.  got evertyhing i wanted, no returns, everything fit, and she says the cheapest birthday she has ever given me!  my nickles worth, keep it in the short grass.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2011 11:43 PM

I bought the Tour Plus set at level 6.  Pricey at over 5000c, until you consider I didn't buy any other clubs but wedges and a putter until 48.  Around 6500c total took me from 6 to 48.

Edit:  Excluding balls

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2011 2:24 AM

Another way to get the most from this game and make it more enjoyable, certainly from the social side of things, is to get yourself playing and chatting with skype or something similar. To actually speak to the people you are friends with really adds a new dimension.

RSS