Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Official Stream Cast

Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:05 AM (7 replies)
  • Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 1:45 AM

It seems to be the fashion of the moment so the best way to prevent, or try to prevent boolshit threads and vicious behaviors during major tournaments or high stakes event like some ReadyGo, is to finally have the ability to record the walking link directly from "WGT by TopGolf" and without necessarily having the player to demonstrate its integrity using external streaming or whatever needed like some players suggested in the community or that habitually does to have a clear status.

Strange like a suggestion won't change anything like nothing change during the account verification campaign, among other things, with a great grip for asses.

Someone will like, someone will do, someone will talk about cheaters, someone will talk about country laws and turn this thread in garbage, the fact is that "WGT byTopGolf" is stuck in a stallmate conditioned by an attitude of disinterest that leaving a large part of the community with a feeling of having nothing to believe.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:18 AM

From what I can work out 3rd party streaming shows the "crowd" what the user wants them to see, no more and no less, unless the streamer is beyond stupid.

Nice that some do it, and  really must watch a few eventually - My bad as kindly put there to use, but sadly quite useless as test of cheating or not.

Are you talking something like Punkbuster??...........Leave others to advise on that as PCs are not my thing. I do understand privacy issues might be involved though??

I play on a very OK business laptop. Two years ago it was fine for streaming Twitch but last I tried the meter was unplayable, and boredom meant I never spent long there.

I do have a very nice gamer in the house.  I only know because I bought it LOL.  My sons use it for whatever they do with it - I really do only play WGT, and just for playing my laptop is still fine. It does any business needs I have as well as it ever did.......  

Anything that was on offer would need to light as WGT has always been geared that way, not a game where the latest greatest GPU is needed.

Maybe something to bring up with WGT if the chat being talked about happens?  In all honesty though, and no offence to anyone, I don't see anything beyond the generalisations we already have coming from that or thanks for the idea and we will look at it or make a list that we will never look at........

Cheating / cheating perception is a real issue and it's hurting the site large at any top level, and that is a shame.

We do have the Security Sweeps and at top level perhaps they make a few think.  Sadly they think all the way through to their next L90 account in the unlikely event they get caught..............Those that have been caught I am personally not 100% convinced the efficacy is 100%..................................Below top line it's the wild west with slim to zero meaningful control it seems, and slim is fresh out of town.

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2017 10:40 PM

By the way I really would like to see these great scores. The fact that they are constantly repeated leads me to review old remembrances but I don't care, I care instead to watch those great players challenge live and in a secure WGT channel where other players can discuss conditions and definitely unforgettable stroke, I mean If I ever score like this in a VT Event I will be propably sign autographs.

Secrets won't be revealed but stream at work will be real fun.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:48 AM

I just play my own game, and I am happy to pay for that.......

I don't play challenges, RG's or even bother playing unlimited rounds.....and thus I never feel cheated or ripped off.

Yes, there are cheaters out there, and more than a few. The game is proven to be manipulated too easily......and the restarters.multis are in quantities it is beyond a joke.....but again, I do not feel cheated or ripped off.

Now if I did play MPC, RG's or tried to play VUS's, or a genuine new player.....I would feel ripped off and cheated.

Jim is right though, streaming alone is nothing more than showing what they want to show.....and also the majority of players streaming are honest players.....but it is not a definitive tool for detecting or eliminating cheats.

WGT/TG is about money, they will do what is required (ie, the bare minimum).....and that is about it......after all, the Security Sweeps weeded out all the cheating players.......

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 2:20 AM

Alan, I know Jim is right and I'm pretty sure that you and him understand my veiled and frustrating (only for VT events) point. There are many threads about it and I wouldn't like this idea to be interpreted as a provocation simply because it will turn off in the same old threads with the same old players that write on accusations and scraps. Tired to read that, tired to play on that.

Anyway thanks to You and Jim to write back on this thread.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 7:07 AM

Fraenkel:
    I care instead to watch those great players challenge live and in a secure WGT channel where other players can discuss conditions and definitely unforgettable stroke

Young46 already does a decent job of this and you can talk the whole match with others also watching, the chat happens as live as the golf being played. He recently aired a match in Pepsieric's tournament against BigCountry317 if you want to see 2 titans going at it.  :-)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:09 PM

WGT/TG can barely, and that's barely, stream the bloody game to it's servers and maintain either AS rounds or multi player Stroke rounds without multiple disconnects and failures as it is.

The recent new issue with Skins games and the random awarding of skins to non-winners is probably more an issue with Flash, still it's now killed a mode of the game for many people.

You want to seriously ask these technology challenged pods to add a 'new' streaming format to an already seriously broken game?

One shudders to think what manner of hell would be unleashed upon players should that ever happen, lmfao....

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:05 AM

Without having to disrespect anyone, I accept all the criticism for my suggestions, but I am usually persevering enough in my convictions, although obviously I know that they can generate diversity of thought but never too heated discussions.

The basic idea would be to have, directly in the WGT platform, a live or recording section that allows anyone to hypothetically see the last games played for the desired profile, maybe using a popup mask that ask for watching live or recording games.

The WGT platform undoubtedly has some problems (I am still one of those who appreciates all the good that is there and that will surely be done), this does not mean that at the level of technology achieved almost everything can be done.

It's a simple idea, please do not be too critical.

David

RSS