Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COME ON!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 28 2011 5:38 PM (9 replies)
  • hoosiersmoker
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 12:45 PM

Can someone please explain to me how I can hit a 112 yd club straight into a 20 mph wind and have the ball hit at 112 and roll to 118?????? This is the least consistent game I know of. Wind is erratic and has different effect each time you hit the ball. The distances are ridiculous and the only way you can improve is to spend a hundred dollars and play 12 hours a day! Is anyone else having similar problems??? Can the WGT people do anything about it but sit back and snicker while they rake in the cash????????........ I didn't think so! It seems to me the majority of the posts on here are to the negative about the inconsistencies of the game. Does that mean anything to you WGT people???? I didn't think so!!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 1:04 PM

hoosiersmoker:

Can someone please explain to me how I can hit a 112 yd club straight into a 20 mph wind and have the ball hit at 112 and roll to 118?????? This is the least consistent game I know of. Wind is erratic and has different effect each time you hit the ball. The distances are ridiculous and the only way you can improve is to spend a hundred dollars and play 12 hours a day! Is anyone else having similar problems??? Can the WGT people do anything about it but sit back and snicker while they rake in the cash????????........ I didn't think so! It seems to me the majority of the posts on here are to the negative about the inconsistencies of the game. Does that mean anything to you WGT people???? I didn't think so!!!!

hi

i can't speculate, but if something similar happens to you, please save a replay and we'll take a look

-wgticon

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 3:04 PM

hoosiersmoker:

Can someone please explain to me how I can hit a 112 yd club straight into a 20 mph wind and have the ball hit at 112 and roll to 118??????

I'll take a guess here... You were playing SA, you put full topspin on the shot, it landed on  a downslope, then rolled out...

• thebeast469
    29 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 4:31 PM

Ya but hitting a 112 club into a 20 MPH wind should land 10 yds short of 112 then depending on how steep the slope is that it lands on........There are definitely some inconsistencies and they drive me crazy as well....(just like my real golf game)........

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 7:11 PM

Here's the guy with all the answers apparently.

What would you like to know?

tbe

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 7:38 PM

thebeast469:

Ya but hitting a 112 club into a 20 MPH wind should land 10 yds short of 112 then depending on how steep the slope is that it lands on

I have watched alot of replays on this site, and I find that determining the precise distance where the ball touches the ground is a rather in-exact science...

• hoosiersmoker
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2011 4:57 AM

Nope... Flat green with forespin

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2011 12:26 PM

hoosiersmoker:

Nope... Flat green with forespin

which hole was it.

Nick

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Fri, May 27 2011 1:20 PM

WGTicon:

i can't speculate, but if something similar happens to you, please save a replay and we'll take a look

-wgtico

Do you even look at them?

I sent a replay of a G10, 270 yard driver that went 72 yards on a ding shot, and never even received a reply.

Also a drive at STA #1 that managed a mere 117 yards.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=69a311cf-a794-40c1-9812-9ee3013997b9

And a 1 foot putt that a blind man/woman could make.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=498cff94-5785-41

I look forward to your reply.

• Jimbo555
    158 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 5:38 PM

all short irons on approach shots into a head wind will carry full distance (or close to) no matter how strong the wind.   I guess the extra loft carries the ball over the wind ?!?

BigDaddie, saw your drive at St Andrews WTF  indeed. And the only thing I can say about your putt at BPB #15 is that it was uphill, but even then nearly impossible to miss.

All replays should show the Swing Meter.  That way you can analize what possibly when wrong much easier.  Sure it might also aid in learning exactly how to hit the shot again in the future, but how often do you get the same conditions.

RSS