Help › Forums

Re: New to the scene

Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:01 PM (7 replies)
  • DaveIvey0
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 9:49 AM

Hi all!

I just joined WGT!

I tell ya. I've done better playing gold for real!

This can be tough, but I really like it!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 6:10 PM

Welcome to the game . Now run before you get addicted because it will happen . Use the search box >>>>>>>> there`s a ton of helpful information . Also there`s a lot of good folks who hang out here in the forums .They will help you as best they can to learn how to play . Ok I did my part , I warned you to run so play and have fun :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 6:35 PM

Welcome Dave.......to this great, frustrating, fun game.

My advice is to play all the courses (play stroke rounds and learn ALL the different type of shots, play with all tiers and be a sponge - ask questions.

Then search the forums or ask questions, players will help!

Do NOT rush to buy equipment, take your time in learning the shots before rushing in - it can get expensive in the early levels as equipment will be outgrown quickly.

In the interim, do as many credit offers as possible and start accruing so you are in the position to purchase clubs without a real cost to you.......only your time.

Above all, have fun and enjoy the game.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 9:34 PM

DaveIvey0:

Hi all!

I just joined WGT!

I tell ya. I've done better playing gold for real!

This can be tough, but I really like it!

You may find some good tips here LINK

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 6:25 AM

Welcome Dave

It's fun, it's frustrating, but if you're going to stick around and do well search ' Mapping'

Good Luck

Siders Best

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 7:31 AM

One thing you might think about is finding a CC that has experienced members who can help you out.  The one you joined is run by an owner who has not played since June and only made it to Amateur Tier.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 9:31 AM

"Do NOT rush to buy equipment, take your time in learning the shots before rushing in - it can get expensive in the early levels as equipment will be outgrown quickly." Good advice A.. Also what Ed said..the right cc can mean a world of difference..   Most important just have fun.. Play ranked rounds so you can level up to good equipment.. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:01 PM

Welcome and enjoy, it can be fun or make you give it up. It's all up to you.

RSS