Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why the 90 second commercials?

Wed, Sep 27 2017 7:57 AM (5 replies)
  • TigerPhilDaly
    10 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 3:48 PM

It was bad enough when WGT increased the time you had to wade through  commercial from 15 seconds to 30, but now you have to wait a full minute and a half before you can begin a game. I'm about to quit playing altogether if they don't reduce the time back to no more than 30 seconds.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 4:36 PM

Install Adblock  , Its free and it works  , No more adds..

• ChacK6542
    438 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 6:14 PM

The option that recommends Everett 12 to install an advertising blocker is the answer to your problem would only add that Adblock is not the best option for you to eat resources. for me the best option is uBlock

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 9:44 PM

CEverett12:

Yep, and no more ads either ( sorry Casey, I couldn't resist).

TigerPhilDaly,

Use the search box over on the right next time and type in "get rid of ads" or something along those lines and you'll get over 200+ responses (10 pages worth) to this question that has been asked more times than probably anything else. It will save you the hassle of starting a new thread and you'll get an answer within seconds.

And Casey is correct...download Adblock, or Adblock Plus (depending on your browser) and you'll never see another annoying ad again. It's that simple.

Welcome to the game and see you out there.

MC

• Robbo81303
    415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2017 5:56 AM

Adblock aside (and, yes, it works very very well), WGT has expressed displeasure with such ads in the past, but apparently not enough to have someone there screen the ads first....go figure!

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Wed, Sep 27 2017 7:57 AM

mrcaddie:

CEverett12:

Yep, and no more ads either ( sorry Casey, I couldn't resist).

TigerPhilDaly,

Use the search box over on the right next time and type in "get rid of ads" or something along those lines and you'll get over 200+ responses (10 pages worth) to this question that has been asked more times than probably anything else. It will save you the hassle of starting a new thread and you'll get an answer within seconds.

And Casey is correct...download Adblock, or Adblock Plus (depending on your browser) and you'll never see another annoying ad again. It's that simple.

Welcome to the game and see you out there.

MC

Not Adblock plus. It lets some ads get through that Adblock stops. 

RSS