Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Problem with Moving Tiers

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:00 AM (2 replies)
  • UndaWoods
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:49 PM

Alright I have just moved to the Pro tier and realized I can barely make some of the fairways with my driver that I could easily make in Amateur (such as Kiawah Hole 2). I was doing really good in the other tiers but this new difficulty obviously pushes you to buy clubs that will help with the increase in difficulty. The problem is I do not want to have to buy any clubs. Is there any way to but something good with the 150 that you get for moving up that will help with the Pro tier? At least something that will help me be a contender in the tournaments until I can slowly get enough credits for something else? Or am I doomed to quit playing because I dont want to spend money? 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 8:14 AM

Just as no PGA tour pro plays on tour with the clubs his parents bought him for high school golf, so to do you need better equipment to succeed at higher levels here.

Now, what you should do because you don't want to spend money, that is up to you.  You can continue to play, in practice you can set the tees so that they aren't too far for you.  But yes, to continue to compete in tourneys, gonna need to spend some money.  About all that 150 will get you is a sleeve of balls that will give you a couple extra yards.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:00 AM
RSS