Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Which club out of the thick stuff?

Thu, Jun 30 2011 8:03 PM (4 replies)
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 5:43 AM

Which club do y'all use out of fescue, rough, weeds and bunkers? Getting out of that 50% fescue is crucial, so when you don't have a clue - like me - you're just guessing. Is there a preferred shot type and club used by the best players for the thick stuff?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 6:51 AM

SgtDoodles:

Which club do y'all use out of fescue, rough, weeds and bunkers? Getting out of that 50% fescue is crucial, so when you don't have a clue - like me - you're just guessing. Is there a preferred shot type and club used by the best players for the thick stuff?

hi,

mostly wedges for me. if u get 30./40 fescue, a punch with a mid iron will also work. i don't try to be a hero and play for par.

-wgticon

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 1:06 PM

40-50% is usually a mid to short iron for me, as long as there's not much more that I have to clear in order to get out. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 3:19 PM

at St Georges the thick stuff is a concession for me. anything over 50% forget it.

• floppy131
    87 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2011 8:03 PM

Believe it or not i hardly ever use a chip or pitch, i mainly always use a punch shot, loft it up in the air like your pitching. that means green dot to the bottom of the rough, or fescue. if i am far away then I punch it going two clubs up.

RSS