Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Dissconecting/timing out

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:33 PM (1 replies)
  • broosthemooos
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2011 11:55 AM

For along time now mostly when playing other golfers on WGT i have been either getting timed out and loosing the other guy which means you need to start from hole 1 again or the other guy has dissconected like whats just happend to me now. A few days ago i got a computer expert in to take a look at my computer and he said that i have a very weak signal so he fitted 2 home plugs in one from the router and 1 into near my computer and thought that would be sufficant to solve the problem.But i still get the same problem i still get timed out or dissconected when playing against anyone but if i play on my own i have no problem whatsoever. There has to be a problem somewhere  does pop[ up blcker have to be on to work suffiantly or could it be to do with flash player can anyone help as this is a great game probably the best golf computer game on the internet but when things go wrong it can be rearlly ANNOYING

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Jul 2 2011 12:33 PM

broosthemooos:

For along time now mostly when playing other golfers on WGT i have been either getting timed out and loosing the other guy which means you need to start from hole 1 again or the other guy has dissconected like whats just happend to me now. A few days ago i got a computer expert in to take a look at my computer and he said that i have a very weak signal so he fitted 2 home plugs in one from the router and 1 into near my computer and thought that would be sufficant to solve the problem.But i still get the same problem i still get timed out or dissconected when playing against anyone but if i play on my own i have no problem whatsoever. There has to be a problem somewhere  does pop[ up blcker have to be on to work suffiantly or could it be to do with flash player can anyone help as this is a great game probably the best golf computer game on the internet but when things go wrong it can be rearlly ANNOYING

No you must have your options set to allow pop-ups as the game client screen is in essence a pop-up. Also you could check your firewall and before playing anyone ask them to check theirs as well.A over zealous firewall can make it appear to WGT that you have lost connection when in fact you haven't  Also check your anti-virus program. At times before I dropped McAfee and went to AVG I would get disconnects due to McAfee sending pop-up reminders that my service was only the free version. McAfee caused for problems than it ever solved. Since switching to AVG free version I have had only 1 disconnect and that was directly related to my Cable internet and my Network losing the configuration file. I lost all internet access until I reconfigured my network adapter. 

RSS