Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Computer.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 9 2011 11:06 PM (3 replies)
  • cadwallater
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jul 8 2011 11:13 PM

As someone who grew up when airplanes still had propellers I confess I'm still awed by the ability of a computer to duplicate so precisely the conditions of play on these famous courses.  For some of us it is the only way we will ever play them.   Really enjoy the game, although I'm not very good at it, but forge ahead anyway.   Gets a little frustrating sometimes, for example when you realize that the links at Congressional were almost certainly designed by a sadist, but apart from that, the computer now and then seems to develop a mind of its own, and after I've adjusted for wind and slope, and what have you, I strike the shot only to have it sail off at an acute angle in the wrong direction.  Perhaps it's only a mental lapse on my part, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed it.   Sometimes when I think I have the perfect approach, the shot is pushed into the deep rough.  Odd.  BTW, just heard a discussion on one of the talk shows that in twenty years computers will exceed our ability in every way.   Guess I beat the deadline.   They're much smarter than me already, although I wonder if they're quite infallible yet.   Thanks to the good people at WGT, who bring us this delightful (most of the time) game. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 7:52 PM

Take a look at this.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/53986.aspx

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 9:02 PM

deviation is one thing but 30 yards off.my Kmart clubs was never that bad.lol

Ps I play titless now

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 11:06 PM

navigater:
    I play titless now

That hurts just thinking about it.  :-D

RSS