Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What have they done to the game

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 9 2011 8:28 AM (6 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 6:48 AM

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the greens lately? I have played this enough and had the offsets for the breaks down as long as I hit my mark. Now the breaks are way off from what they use to be.

I am sure e we all have our own charts or scales we use, and mine is way off, just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Gary

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 6:59 AM

There is more variation. It keeps the game from going stale I reckon.

• nocharge
    150 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 7:26 AM

They have screwed everything up! I'll not waste any more of my money on it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 7:41 AM

Woodoworkery:
    Has anyone else noticed a difference in the greens lately?

Yes. Not lately but every once in a while things seem different. Sometimes it's meter speed, sometimes it's green speed and other times it will be something different.

Your question gets asked quite often by a lot of players and invariably some say yes and some say no. It's the part of the game that keeps you in check and keeps challenging you. Basically, it's the game adjusting to your progress and the sooner you realize this is happening the sooner you will be able to adapt and improve. 

Keep chugging, Gary.  ;-)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 7:48 AM

Woodoworkery:

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the greens lately? I have played this enough and had the offsets for the breaks down as long as I hit my mark. Now the breaks are way off from what they use to be.

I am sure e we all have our own charts or scales we use, and mine is way off, just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Gary

I don't see the issue here.

This happens in real golf too......WGT are only trying to keep things realistic.

TBE

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 8:23 AM

I am not talking about the green speed , I am referring to the break in the green. I use the offset style of putting, and have my own chart, now unless they regrow new grass the break should never change. ( the movement of the dots )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 9 2011 8:28 AM

Woodoworkery:
    I use the offset style of putting,

You will never be consistent doing it this way. It works but you have to expect anomalies because you're increasing the deviation factor by missing the ding. Breaks are also very affected by green speed. Unless you're playing strictly on one speed your charts are not going to be globally correct.

Also, those dots are a hint at what to expect and don't always accurately represent the actual break. Witness the number of times the reverse view doesn't match the front view backwards.

RSS