Help › Forums

Re: Rough Day in the Rough

Thu, Jul 28 2011 2:20 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 2:20 AM

bluebelly83:

I come seeking advice for shooting out of the rough.  I am improving my approach shots, but I end up in the rough more often than I like.  Then, once in the rough, there seems to be no realistic way to judge how far the shot will go.

Since I play real golf, I understand how a lie in the thick stuff IS very unpredictable.  However, I thought I would seek some tips from the pros here.  I suppose the easy answer is just don't end up in the rough... but I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,

bluebelly83

I think the biggest mistake people are making is comparing Wgt to real Golf. This is the Best Golf Game available and I don't think it should be compared to real golf, but I will say though..watching my Avatar swing has improved my real golf game by about 6 shots(h'cap)...lol. 

The more times you end up in the rough (dare I say it)  the more you will get use to it and start to play better shots. Punch out of really heavy rough, 30-40% is not bad...you can get away with playing full shots with greater distances (on most courses).. anything more than that make sure your aim is for the fairway, otherwise you will come up shot most of the time and end up in a worse position. The 90% rough well start praying..lol.

Good Golfing and Good Luck :)

Roger

• PAGES
RSS