Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wind

Sat, Jul 16 2011 4:44 AM (1 replies)
  • SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 12:47 AM

When playing lets say stroke play you often get the most weird camera angles for your shots. Therefor it can be very hard to see how the wind is blowing. If my player and the flag stands in like a 70 degree angle instead of the optimal 90 degree it can be hard to get how the wind is blowing. Ill try illustrate..

Optimal:     Flag                               Often not optimal:                               Flag
                           |                                                                                               |
                           |                                                                                         |
                           |                                                                                  |

Player                                                               Player

I'm sure I'm not alone of getting these weird camera angles..

So my question is: If the wind in the "not optimal" picture blows say 12 mph at 2-3 o'clock, does that means I have only tailwind? Or do I have a 12 mph side/tailwind from the right? I'm hoping the last question will give a yes or else it will be  very hard calculate (which I've done until now though) how the wind is blowing.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 4:44 AM

Hi SP91

Checkout this thread. Good discussion (with pics) on the subject.

GL

PA  :)

RSS