Forums

Help › Forums

Re: longest drive going backwards

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:32 PM (8 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:04 AM

When i started playing here months ago my longest drive measured 295 yards .I still use same driver but no matter how the wind is helping i cannot get close to that yardage and i am a better player now .Why and any tips to help .

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:39 AM

craigswan:

When i started playing here months ago my longest drive measured 295 yards .I still use same driver but no matter how the wind is helping i cannot get close to that yardage and i am a better player now .Why and any tips to help .

Hi

usually, the long drive requires hitting certain spot on a certain hole. I seen people drive 410+ ON #5 STA and next one drive 300 with same clubs conditions.

perhaps an upgrade in drive is in order?

-wgticon

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:41 AM

Starter driver and starter balls and your at level 84........... ah maybe you need to upgrade???  LOL

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:47 AM

I hit my longest drive of 383 yds, several months ago and have since upgraded both driver and balls. Longest drive since upgrading everything has only been 368 yds.

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 7:06 AM

My longest is 403 yrds and happened in unlikely way....  I guess the trick is to aim for the 60-70 weeds and hope for a lucky kick ;)

replay.aspx?ID=f1306022 809d 4922 8234 9f2500cae10d

• BillyTBudMan
    100 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 8:20 AM

Dianne81:
    I guess the trick is to aim for the 60-70 weeds and hope for a lucky kick ;)

Miss Dianne81 is right, not sure why, but to land on the down slope / backside of a fescue encrusted mound is like hitting a darn trampoline.  I've begun to make some of these mounds my landing targets on MR. Andrew's course as it adds significant distance to my otherwise puny drives.

p.s. why is it that the word fescue is not recognized by my spell checker?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 8:33 AM

Bought the level 88 R11 a few nights ago and can't get close to my 390 yrd drive I had with my old R9. I have tried it with the Callaway z and every other ball in my bag. For a cannon it acts more like a squirt gun if you have the wind in your face. If you happen to get a tail wind it somehow manages to find the rough on 8 out of 10 drives, ding or not. Must be a new learning curve I have to deal with AGAIN. As far as knowing exactly where to land in the fairway that is a bunch of condensed owl sh-t. This game changes on every round on every course. One time my drive will go 365 with no wind on a ding and the next time, same course, same hole with a 18mph tailwind, hit the fairway within a foot of the last time and it goes 313. I put all my notes in the shredder and am using them for bedding in the grand kids rabbit cages. With that all said, since I paid for the R11 I'm going to swing it until the white paint comes off. All the best players are using it so it has to be me. Practice-Practice-Practice yes. Notes-hell no.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 9:13 AM

BillyTBudMan:
    p.s. why is it that the word fescue is not recognized by my spell checker?

maybe it thinks you are typing another word...like 'fecsc ue i got your ball and your gonna have 3 more strokes getting outta here'

its happened to me

just sayin

-G

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:32 PM

sixkiller:

I hit my longest drive of 383 yds, several months ago and have since upgraded both driver and balls. Longest drive since upgrading everything has only been 368 yds.

Same here my longest drive was with SD balls ( which i think roll better than any other) and a shorter hitting driver. Since up grading everything i haven't hit a drive over 350 in months..maybe the actual wind configurations have changed...because the performance of the balls should be a constant, what ever ball your using.

RSS