Forums

Help › Forums

Re: burner plus (L27) or 2.0 (L15) irons

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 24 2011 10:00 AM (5 replies)
  • joofcorn
    188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 12:09 AM

Put simply I am finally looking into upgrading irons, and have narrowed it down to these two.  Im torn between having the better forgiveness of the burner plus, or the slower meter and better spin of the burner 2.0s.  Anyone have advice or experiences with either or both?  Thanks.

• boomboomnoe
    23 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 2:27 AM

Burner 2.0s hands down but you need to get used to dinging because of its horrible forgiveness.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:31 AM

Just compare the items in the Pro Shop like this. Your answer is there.

• joofcorn
    188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 5:55 AM

I realize I can compare them side by side, I'm asking what peoples experiences are with the clubs because I know the stats of the clubs don't always tell the full story. 

• boomboomnoe
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:50 AM

I have the burner 2.0s but I think the meter a bit too slow as I always come up before it which is the exact opposite as the burner plus as those have fast meter speeds so if you tell me what kind of player(easily dings) you are and if you're willing to spend the money I can help you a bit more.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 10:00 AM

A couple of things to consider, joof. First, your tees are going to change eventually and you will be needing a longer driver. This will affect your iron play. Second, that first set only goes down to 115 yards which leaves you a sizeable gap between your wedges. The second set will allow you to have better coverage with that set wedge going 90. It fits nice next to your Satin (77.)

Perhaps a longer driver and a third wedge would serve you better and then you'll actually be able to see what you need for iron coverage.  GL

RSS