Forums

Help › Forums

Computer glitch.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:34 PM (0 replies)
  • cadwallater
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:34 PM

As every golfer knows, a single, bad shot can destroy an entire round, and I have had that problem a number of times when the computer, whom one is left to wonder may not be manned by Dr Evil himself , decides to put my shot into the wild blue yonder.   It is almost as if some malevolent demon has invaded my game, and is deliberately trying to throw me off, for just as I am gaining some momentum, and my shots are going where I want them, and my puts are falling, the demon appears.   I make the most miniscule adjustment for wind and suddenly I am thrown many yards off line into the deep rough, or worse out of bounds.   This is the kind of frustration that, on an actual course, causes one now and then to find a club twisted around a pine tree, or the two halves of a good driver stuck into either side of the tee like small flagpoles.   It is difficult enough to play against the vagaries of wind and turf, and one's own limitations, without having to deal with the additional frustration of a berserk computer.    Otherwise, enjoy the game immensely, especially the graphics, whose only failing is to sometime cover one icon with another, and now and then maliciously put a 150 foot putter in my hands on a 23 foot shot, so that I've rocketed off the green before I've noticed it.    The design of the game, and the many angles it gives one of the shot, especially the overhead shots that quickly switch perspective during the flight of the ball, are really spectacular, and help one get into the game.   Altogether, an excellent game, with the noted exceptions above.   Perhaps others are having the same issues.  

RSS