Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter speed is WAY faster with my work desktop than my laptop?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:19 PM (4 replies)
  • Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:49 PM

I play the game every now and then at work and the meter speed is drastically faster than my laptop at home. I am pretty decent at the game with my laptop, but am absolutely atrocious with my the desktop. 

Is there anything I can do to slow down the meter with the desktop...Thanks

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:34 PM

I closed down some programs that were running in the background but its still really fast.

Prerequistes look good for the computer too. Ideas?

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:02 PM

Just a thought... could you have a larger monitor at your work desktop ?   The meter would move the same speed on both screen, but on larger monitor it travels more distance in same amount of time and could be an optical dillusion?

Also check to make sure your flash settings are on high on both computers  under options in your game window. (high  is smoothest, slowest appearing meter to me )

• ifixpcs
    130 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:04 PM

I have some viruses I could load on there that will slow it down, lol

It would be easier to speed up your laptop.  Unless you own the company, you really don't want to go about mucking with it.

• ifixpcs
    130 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:19 PM

ifixpcs:

I have some viruses I could load on there that will slow it down, lol

It would be easier to speed up your laptop.  Unless you own the company, you really don't want to go about mucking with it.

Forgive me for editing myself, BUT.

I've been thinking about this a little bit.  You could slow the whole computer down(at least a little bit), by changing the performance settings.  This will not change any data files or anything.  Here is how to do it. This is assuming you have XP.  If you don't have XP on your work computer, message back here with your Operating System and I'll adjust accordingly.

Click:  Start> Control Panel> System> Advanced> under the performance heading, click on "settings"> then click on the radio button "Adjust for best appearance".

with this setting checked, your cpu will have "a little more work to do" and may slow things down "some".  

hope this helps...lemme know.

Roy

RSS