Help › Forums

Re: Hello and a few questions.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 28 2011 8:43 AM (1 replies)
  • LordElpus
    923 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:16 AM

Hello Everybody,

Just joined up a few days ago a getting well stuck into this amazing golf world. Spent a bit of money on new equipment today ( 'No darling, I did'nt spend THAT much. Honest.' :-) And after a enjoyable 18 at Oakmont was well pleased with my purchases. Will leave product reviews when I have more time. The only part of the game that really p****d me off was a computer stutter for a 1' 6" birdie putt at #9. Boy are they annoying! Played in a few CTTH comps, but way short of any reasonable sucess ( hence the purchases), so now I have a few qustions regarding playing with others that I hope someboby out there can answer. I'm thinking of putting myself up for joining a game, if I do this:-

1. How long does it take to join a game?.

2. Does joining a game mean joining 3 others making a 4 ball or could 1 other player suggest a 2 ball together or 2 others making a 3?.

3. Would I only be able to join a game of similar tier players?.

4. What's the situation if, for whatever reason, I have to leave the game. How would it affect the other(s).

Thanks in advance.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 8:43 AM

LordElpus:

Hello Everybody,

Just joined up a few days ago a getting well stuck into this amazing golf world. Spent a bit of money on new equipment today ( 'No darling, I did'nt spend THAT much. Honest.' :-) And after a enjoyable 18 at Oakmont was well pleased with my purchases. Will leave product reviews when I have more time. The only part of the game that really p****d me off was a computer stutter for a 1' 6" birdie putt at #9. Boy are they annoying! Played in a few CTTH comps, but way short of any reasonable sucess ( hence the purchases), so now I have a few qustions regarding playing with others that I hope someboby out there can answer. I'm thinking of putting myself up for joining a game, if I do this:-

1. How long does it take to join a game?.

2. Does joining a game mean joining 3 others making a 4 ball or could 1 other player suggest a 2 ball together or 2 others making a 3?.

3. Would I only be able to join a game of similar tier players?.

4. What's the situation if, for whatever reason, I have to leave the game. How would it affect the other(s).

Thanks in advance.

Hi & welcome

1. it depends... sometimes 1-3 seconds and other times may take a few tries...just varies on how many other folks are looking for a game at the time.

2. it can be a/s game or stroke with 1 or 2 or 3 others... game host controls that

3. should be similar but could also be random.

4. they will get less experience. generally, letting them know before hand is appreciated

-wgticon

RSS