Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What am I missing?

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 1 2019 7:41 PM (6 replies)
  • Weenus74
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 11:04 AM

This game is so far off on physics and math that I don't know if I'll ever advance. Wind blowing 19-21 left, I aim way right, shot goes way left. Greens are inconsistent at best. Club don't perform as stated. Is there a trick I'm missing here or something? Frustration is a fast way to get me to quit, not buy equipment. If I did better, I'd be encouraged to buy. Instead, I'm thinking of leaving. Thoughts? 

• Tcushman
    170 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 11:56 AM

Welcome to the world of real golf. I've been playing real golf for over 50 years and on here for almost 10. Learned how to swear on a real course and found out that yelling at the ball and leaning has about the same affect on here as it does on my home course.

Don't give up.....it's after all why we "play golf" and don't 'work" it. If we did we'd be on TV.

Just have fun and enjoy the maddening frustration.....oh but for that one good shot, I'd never pick up a club again...lol.

Tim

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 12:14 PM

Weenus74:

This game is so far off on physics and math that I don't know if I'll ever advance. Wind blowing 19-21 left, I aim way right, shot goes way left. Greens are inconsistent at best. Club don't perform as stated. Is there a trick I'm missing here or something? Frustration is a fast way to get me to quit, not buy equipment. If I did better, I'd be encouraged to buy. Instead, I'm thinking of leaving. Thoughts? 

Give it some time.

You have just started.  You have starter clubs and the starter ball - called the "rock".

Starter equipment has a large built-in variability and limited capabilities.  The club distances are just a number - don't assume they are "true" until you have practiced a lot.

When we start we don't need better equipment - we need a lot of practice.  And then as we advance - we need a lot of practice.  I have played about 15 months and - I need a lot of practice.

There is a lot of information in the other parts of the forums about how to play the game - spend some time searching and just reading the ones specifically set up for the areas you are interested in.

However, be aware that many posts are not in the proper subforum (like this one).

Just play for fun and take notes.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 1:32 PM

Weenus74:

This game is so far off on physics and math that I don't know if I'll ever advance. Wind blowing 19-21 left, I aim way right, shot goes way left. Greens are inconsistent at best. Club don't perform as stated. Is there a trick I'm missing here or something?

Which is the expected results with starter clubs and balls....until you invest credits in decent clubs and a decent ball this is what u will see more times than not....it is a business, this is how they get you to help them thrive!

A TON of experience with these clubs will also bring about "better" results, not the best, but better!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 1:43 PM

[]

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 6:19 PM

fatdan:

[]

You starting a bracket tournament?

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 7:41 PM

Weenus74:
    If I did better, I'd be encouraged to buy. Instead, I'm thinking of leaving.

Don't leave and don't buy anything yet. I sent you a couple of sleeves of balls to try. They're nothing special but they're better than the "rocks" you're using now and I think they were a very popular first upgrade for a lot of us old times back in he day.

It appears you already know how to edit your equipment, so go to the ball section and look for the Tour SD balls.

Enjoy.

MC

RSS