Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I'd rather withdraw

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:20 PM (9 replies)
  • Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 11:52 AM

I been playing this game for a couple months straight now, since leaving TWO. There I had reached legend status and was one of the top players and winner of several tournaments. I know it takes time to build-up your golfer,  and don't mind being advanced to the next tier here, (even if i think i'm not ready for it), because i'm not one of those guys that get off at being at the top of the leaderboard... But i'd rather WITHDRAW from these tourneys HERE before i settle for being SCREWED over from this so called VEM. Even with a -4 at tourneys end when i know it should have been better because the meter slid past after i stopped it. I'll gladly spend money on equipment, but i'll only play for FREE!!! Chalk up another game as a practice round i guess. PS. I know it says member since 2010 for me but this was the time i was looking for online golfing, and settled at TWO, until the Clowns and Turkey Suits came out. LOL...

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 3:06 PM

Maybe you should go back to a game where you can conrtrol in flight ball movement.Just my opinion.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 3:57 PM

Topcat488:
    But i'd rather WITHDRAW from these tourneys HERE before i settle for being SCREWED over from this so called VEM. Even with a -4 at tourneys end when i know it should have been better because the meter slid past after i stopped it.

Many of the best players say VEM is not in use...take it for what it's worth.

It's always best when you are "in a groove", to change a few things up..i/e hold the shot bar a little longer, take more time to look at a putt.  Seems to help with meter issues flubbing this up for me.

• shabooby
    20 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:20 PM

Please tell me how to turn off the ezswing mode

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:54 PM

mrenn29:

Maybe you should go back to a game where you can conrtrol in flight ball movement.Just my opinion.

Maybe, your opinion ain't worth commenting in depth on, so i won't.  But let me build myself up here... Right now your one of the big boys, and sound a little scared of some exTWO player competition... :(

@MBaggese  Thanks man, i'll try that... I am, a kind of a fast player, lol. Work 10-12 hours a day as a truck driver here in Germany, trying to get as many games in as possible, i'm American though. I'm sorry i wasted so much time at TWO,  and sure i'd be kicking mrenn29 off his spot by now,hehe. I'll take your advice and slow down now...  Thanks again, auf Wiedersehen. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 8:10 PM

Honey bunch, you are nothing more than the ever long list of 'jonny come latelys' who think they will become the next Tibbets. Just play.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 11:40 PM

shabooby:

Please tell me how to turn off the ezswing mode

hi

go your game itself and on the right side u'll see a inventory. in there you will have 2nd set of clubs.

-wgticon

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:25 AM

Take it from another long-time video golfer--this game is different. I was once a top Links player (this game is more similar to that that TWO) and am extremely good at computer golf games in general. It took me a long time to find this one (shockingly, as I am kind of a virtual golf addict) and like you, I am WAAAY behind the big boys here. Even playing daily for the past few months I have a long way to go, like YEARS. I too wish I had played a lot less TW, but instead of griping, I would recommend just playing more.

I can assure you that the top players here are not scared of anyone. I've had the pleasure of playing with many players who are much better than myself and they are generous with their time and tips and advice. I always tell them I'm going to be coming for them in competition someday and the overwhelming reception has been "bring it on."

If you crave competition and have not yet joined the WGTLS ladders, I highly recommend doing so. That will help your game out a lot more than despairing at the thought of VEM or whatever. The things I've notice most about top players is that they shrug all that off. When they get metered into a bush, they chop it out, hit the next one to a foot of the flag, drain the par putt, and it's on to the next hole. From what I'm reading here, you'd rather withdraw after a couple of bad shots? That's not going to make you a better player.

Just my opinion and probably ain't worth a tenth of someone like mrenn's. Take it easy, hit'em straight, and don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy out there. Over 'n' out.

Topcat488:

mrenn29:

I'm sorry i wasted so much time at TWO,  and sure i'd be kicking mrenn29 off his spot by now,hehe. I'll take your advice and slow down now...  Thanks again, auf Wiedersehen. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 3:41 AM

Topcat488:
    Right now your one of the big boys, and sound a little scared of some exTWO player competition... :(

Doubt it, my 11 year old daughter is "one of the top players" at TWO. Says it all about TWO.

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:20 PM

Phaxda:
    I too wish I had played a lot less TW, but instead of griping, I would recommend just playing more.
    Phaxda:
    Take it easy, hit'em straight, and don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy out there. Over 'n' out.

This is the kind of thing these forums were made for... Where a player can get some help, peace of mind, and or encouragement.  Dude... I didn't need to quote your whole post  just the parts that really, really helped. thanks for taking out some of your time, to wake me up. By the way, you sound like your a Trucker (18-wheeler) Man yourself... I have trucked through France, Austria, and all over Southern Germany since i've lived here. Peace...

@ SweetiePie I don't know anyone named Tibbets, but i'll take your advice too, Peace.

RSS