Help › Forums

Re: Newbie Alert

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 13 2011 10:57 AM (9 replies)
  • Klondiddly
    53 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 3:30 AM

Hi All

Just thought 'd kick to post count off, being playing more and more over the last few days. I use to play alot of ShotOnline but this seems to kick seven shades of sh&t oput of that!

If anyone is feelling charitable i will pay in beer for putting lessons!

• billybob1958
    1 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 11:33 PM

whats up

I founded out that i just played earned credits up rated my clubs by the time i figured out got the new clubs now I play alot better

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 7:20 PM

Welcome,

Check this post for for everything you want to know about putting.

-wgticon

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:52 PM

Ah a fellow Shot Online Golfer ..................

used the same name there as I do here, over at SO I was a member of BOP, here I joined a CC that was already playing.

Tips for putting practice / practice and then more practice.

• Klondiddly
    53 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 3:52 AM

Thanks for the welcomes

Yes i was in FITH for ages but i have got abit bored with the whole crazy gold plus lvling on SO now

I do need to find a CC but i need to become not completely retarded first!

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 8:06 AM

WGTicon:

Welcome,

Check this post for for everything you want to know about putting.

-wgticon

Yeah, what he said........................................................... Do I get beer for that?

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 11:04 AM

sent a friend request - - left something on your wall.

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:14 PM

never heard of shot online. checked out the trailer and there were birds chirping, it was raining and there was piano music playing.  you must be in rehab. lol

the world of golf journal voted wgt the best online golf game over two and golden tee.

welcome aboard.

qbal

• Klondiddly
    53 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 6:38 AM

You could well be onto something there Qbal, So does oftern feel like Rehab!

Thanks for all the help and advice Fuzzy, i am now the proud owner of a ghost putter and the 15y scale is helping more of those short putts drop!

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 10:57 AM

There is only a few differences between game online vs. real life golf

No cart rental
    Can't feel the grass
    It is quicker to ball
    Green Fees are real cheap

The one thing that is a like - practice you get better. On here it does help to know when you are looking at that 23 footer with 4 inches of down hill, you know you need to hit it X amount to go 18 to 19 feet. Knowing what percent of power to use to get ball to roll X amount of feet downhill is the key. That is where a club chart helps out so much, look at chart to see what percent of power to use to get ball to roll some where close. Then you will get the aim point before you know it you are sticking putts down or up hill 20 feet plus to the cup.

Good luck / keep the head down and just keep whacking it.

RSS