Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new to the game

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:01 PM (3 replies)
  • oneflyswatter
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:16 AM

Hi all, my name is Brian and been playing about 2 weeks now. I think the game is pretty cool and love the graphics. I go by the name of oneflyswatter as thats the way I've been playing taking some time to get used to then get moved up a level and it starts all over, but I just play for fun anyway. Does anyone know how to slow down the moving up process. Does the practice give you less points then the other types of play. Anyway look forward to playing some of you in the future.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 9:30 AM

Hi & welcome!

-wgticon

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 10:24 AM

A big welcome...just play a bunch and let nature take care of the rest.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:01 PM

Hi Brian.  Learning how this place works will answer most of your questions.  So be careful what you do before jumping in with both feet.  There is a lot of info available in the Getting Started and FAQ Home over there---->

As to your questions:

oneflyswatter:
    Does anyone know how to slow down the moving up process.

Its all about your average...so try not lowering it artificially.  What I mean is you can drastically/quickly lower your average by playing easier courses, playing only 9 hole rounds and only playing the Country Club tournaments where members set up easy completions.  So play all the courses, play some 18 hole rounds and post all your scores...do that and you'll be in the tier that is right for you.

oneflyswatter:
    Does the practice give you less points then the other types of play.

You will earn EX points in practice mode...but not as much as in rated rounds.  You can earn EX points by playing everyday...but be careful, this place can be habit forming.    More info on that in the FAQ Home under Levels.  Remember, EX points have nothing to do with how well you can play...they only unlock toys in the Pro Shop. 

Joey

RSS